Aberdeen will look to return to winning ways tonight at Pittodrie against an out of sorts Motherwell.
Derek McInnes’ Dons fell to a disappointing 3-0 loss last weekend but the Aberdeen boss will fancy his team’s chances against a Motherwell team who have taken just seven points from their first 10 matches this season and currently sit second bottom of the Premiership
Dons team news
- Captain Russell Anderson misses out again for Aberdeen due to his knee injury
- Clark Robertson will also miss out with his thigh injury
Motherwell team news
- Craig Reid and Lee Erwin are expected to return for Motherwell after illness forced them out of the defeat by Dundee.
- Steven Hammell will return from injury.
- Paul Lawson (hamstring) and Adam Cummins (leg) and Craig Moore remain out.
Derek McIness says
“We have lost one in the last six. We recognise it was a poor performance against Hamilton but they have been beating most teams and we knew it would require a strong performance to defeat them.
“The performance on the night wasn’t there and we deservedly lost the match. But there is no panic. There has to be a sense of reality.”
Stuart McCall says
“I’ve got belief in the lads and we have to be strong. We can’t be fearful of losing – we’ve got to relish the challenge of being winners again. That’s the challenge – to get the bit between our teeth – and we have to rise to that.”
Did you know?
- The previous 10 matches between the sides have produced nine goals in the final seven minutes.
- Motherwell are unbeaten in nine visits to Pittodrie.
- Aberdeen have not lost at Pittodrie since August 10, against Dundee United.
- Stuart McCall’s men have one just once away from home this season
Dons provisional squad
Langfield, Logan, Reynolds, Considine, Taylor, Flood, Robson, Rooney, Pawlett, Monakana, Smith, McGinn, Hayes, Low, Wright, Goodwillie, Brown, Jones, Jack, Rose, Felek, Shankland.
Motherwell provisional squad
Twardzik, Ramsden, Hammell, Reid, Francis-Angol, O’Brien, McManus, Lasley, Vigurs, Ojamaa, Ainsworth, Sutton, Law, McHugh, Carswell, Kerr, Erwin, Thomas, Cadden, Nielsen.