Inverness Caley Thistle will look to bounce back to winning ways tonight as they head to Ibrox to face Rangers in the League Cup.
John Hughes’ men lost for the first time this season on Saturday, going down 3-1 at Partick Thistle, while Rangers recorded a convincing 4-0 win over Raith Rovers on Friday night.
Despite playing in a lower league, Rangers go into the match as the bookies favourites.
Rangers team news
- Rangers attacker Nicky Clark is likely to feature after shaking off his hamstring concerns.
- Jon Daly trained with the rest of the Ibrox squad yesterday and is also likely to feature after returning from his knee injury against Raith Rovers on Friday night.
- Kenny Miller is likely to miss out due to a calf tear.
- Goalkeeper Cammy Bell will also miss out as he continues to recover from his shoulder injury.
Squad: Simonsen, Wallace, Zaliukas, McGregor, Mohsni, Macleod, Shiels, McCulloch, Law, Black, Templeton, Peralta, Clark, Boyd, Smith, Robinson, Faure, Crawford, Daly, Foster, Aird.
Caley Thistle team news
- Ross Draper is a doubt as a result of the leg injury that saw him substituted in the 3-1 defeat by Partick at Firhill on Saturday.
- Midfielder James Vincent is likely to be ruled out with an ankle injury.
- Midfielder Lewis Horner is available again after injury ruled him out of the trip to Partick.
Squad: Brill, Raven, Shinnie, Warren, Meekings, Tremarco, Tansey, Draper, Watkins, Ross, Vincent, Doran, McKay, Polworth, Baptie, Williams, Horner, Christie, Evans, Devine, Esson.
Did you know?
- The last time the teams met, Caley Thistle recorded a convincing 3-0 win at Ibrox, in the League Cup in October 2012.
- Inverness lost out on penalties in the final of last year’s League Cup.
- The last Rangers player to score against Caley Thistle was Lee McCulloch, who netted the final goal in Rangers’ 4-1 success in February 2012.
- Rangers have won the League Cup 27 times, with their last success coming in 2011.