Caley Thistle have conceded defeat in their attempts to keep attacker Edward Ofere at the club.
The Nigerian forward scored six goals in 13 appearances for the Scottish Cup winners last season but has decided to move on after the two parties failed to come to terms on a new deal.
Chairman Kenny Cameron, who has made an improved offer to attacking midfielder Nick Ross, is disappointed to lose the forward but insists manager John Hughes is making good progress in his attempts to add to the squad ahead of the return of pre-season training on Thursday.
He said: “We had extensive discussions with Edward Ofere’s agent but we’ve been unable to secure the player’s services for next season.
“Nick Ross has also had a very good offer and discussions continue as we look to keep him in Inverness.
“John has several targets in mind and we are confident of adding another three or four faces to the squad in the very near future.
“It’s pleasing to have kept the nucleus of the squad together and we thank those moving on for the part they have played whilst here.”
Hughes has made one signing so far this summer in midfielder Nat Wedderburn and the Caley Jags manager is backing the 23-year-old former Cowdenbeath player, who can also play in central defence, to force his way into the first team squad at Caledonian Stadium.
He said: “Nat will be a great addition for the club. He is a big strong lad with good speed and agility. He is joining a great club at a fantastic time and we look forward to him developing in to a regular first team player.
“He is stepping up a few levels, but we know he is well capable of doing so.”