Two seasons ago he was the English Premier League’s surprise package, the star man in the league and a must pick for all fantasy football teams, could Michu now be heading to Scotland?
Celtic have also been linked with a Manchester City youngster but have seen their bid for a potential Virgil van Dijk replacement rejected, while Rangers are hoping to complete a deal for a highly rated Arsenal kid but face some tough competition for his signature.
South of the border Pedro looks like completing his move to the English Premier League… But not to Manchester United, as was previously expected.
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Inverness Caley Thistle’s search for a new striker has taken them to Ireland. Portadown forward Darren Murray is currently on trial in the Highland capital in a bid to win a deal with John Hughes’ side. (Press and Journal)
- Celtic have been linked with a move for Swansea striker Michu.
The 29-year-old Spaniard was a revelation in his first season in Wales but has struggled to make an impact since and spent last season on loan at Napoli.
A number of Spanish clubs are also said to be interested in the forward but Celtic will be hoping that a win against Malmo tonight and the promise of Champions League football will be enough to convince the forward to move to Parkhead. (Daily Express)
- Celtic are reportedly considering a loan move for Manchester City youngster Brandon Barker.
Barker won City’s Academy Players’ Player of the Year award in the 2013/14 campaign and it is believed City would be willing to allow their Manchester-born star to go out on loan and gain first team experience this season, however, Celtic will face competition from a number of English clubs for the youngster’s signature. (Various)
- Celtic’s bid for Dinamo Zagreb defender Jozo Simunovic has been rejected.
Hoops chief executive, Peter Lawwell travelled to Croatia to discuss a £4million deal with Zagreb’s club president Zdravko Mamic for the 21-year-old, however, Lawwell returned to Glasgow without striking a deal. (Daily Record)
- Rangers are closing in on a six month loan deal for Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem, however, face competition from a number of English clubs for the 18-year-old.
The youngster made his Arsenal first-team debut as a 16-year-old and the Gunners want him to go out on loan this season to further his first team experience, however, Fulham, Charlton, and Birmingham are also reported to be interested in a loan deal for the youngster. (Daily Record)
- Queen’s Park youngster Shaun Rooney could be the latest player to leave Hampden for the Premiership.
Aidan Connolly, Blair Spittal, Lawrence Shankland and Andy Robertson have all made the step up and now Hearts are looking to sign up Rooney, who has been on trial at Tynecastle and played for the Edinburgh club’s Under-20s on Tuesday night. (The National)
- Raith Rovers are looking to sign Serbian/Swiss striker Marko Vukanovic and have opened talks with the player about a potential deal.
The 20-year-old spent time on trial at Inverness Caley Thistle last season but could now join the Championship outfit.
Latest done deals
- Livingston have signed former Portugal youth international Hugo Faria, 32, on a short-term contract until January.
- Montrose have signed defender Greg Pascazio, 19, on a one year deal after he was released by Rangers last week.
- Former Falkirk striker Pedro Moutinho, 35, has joined junior side Bo’ness United in a player/coach role.
And down south
- Leicester have completed the signing of Napoli midfielder Gökhan Inler.
- Manchester City have started the season well but are set to announce an £88m double signing – with Valencia defender Nicolas Otamendi, 27, and Wolfsburg midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, 24, both to join the club. (Mirror)
- Chelsea have gazumped Manchester United and are set to sign Barcelona winger Pedro Rodriguez for £21m. The Spaniard is expected in London this evening to complete the deal.
- Liverpool have rejected approaches from Roma and Bayer Leverkusen for French defender Mamadou Sakho, 25 (Sky Sports)
- Bournemouth are keen to add to their goal threat by signing striker Jermain Defoe, 32, from Sunderland. (Mirror)
- Chelsea have had a £30m bid for John Stones, 21, rejected but could up their bid to £40m. (Guardian)
- Fenerbahce are looking to sign Chelsea captain John Terry, 34, and will offer him a £2.5m annual salary in a bid to get him to Turkey. (Mail)
- West Brom have rejected Tottenham’s opening £15m bid for Saido Berahino, 22, and have told Spurs they will not accept anything less than £25m. (Independent)