Today, as with all Saturdays, the main focus should be on the action on the pitch, however there are still a few transfer stories kicking about.
Celtic are looking to complete a double signing to strengthen their defence and midfield, Mark Warburton is planning for the January sales and Shaun Maloney has explained the reasons behind his transfer.
Here’s a quick look at today’s transfer tales…
- Celtic are closing in on the signing of Manchester United defender Tyler Blackett on loan.
The Hoops are looking to sign the player on a season long loan deal with the option to buy the player at the end of the season for a price between £3-4million. (Various)
- Celtic hope to complete the signing of Inverness Caley Thistle midfielder Ryan Christie over the weekend.
The Hoops bid £500,000 for the 20-year-old yesterday afternoon and will allow Christie to return to Caley Thistle on loan for the remainder of the season. (Press and Journal)
- Rangers boss Mark Warburton has already set his sights on players he wants to sign in the January transfer window.
Warburton said: “We have targets we’re looking for in January. Again, we have to show teams here that we can look after the players. We have to show the environment is right, that we have that winning mentality.” (Express)
- Shaun Maloney has admitted retaining his place in the Scotland team was one of the main reasons behind his decision to leave MLS outfit Chicago Fire and sign for English Championship side Hull City. (BBC)
Latest done deals
- Aberdeen have signed Liverpool right back Ryan McLaughlin on loan until January.
- Wigan Athletic forward Billy Mckay has joined Dundee United on loan until the end of the season.
Delighted to be joining @AberdeenFC on loan. Great club and can't wait to get started.
— Ryan McLaughlin (@RyanMcL2) August 29, 2015
And down south
- Manchester United will offer Real Madrid David De Gea as well as £65million for Welsh attacker Gareth Bale. (Daily Star)
- Sunderland are considering a move for former Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan, 33, who is a free agent after being released by West Ham. (Daily Mirror)
- Juventus are looking for £72million for Chelsea target Paul Pogba, 22. (Daily Express)
- Chelsea are expected to bid £15million for Monaco’s Tunisian defender Aymen Abdennour, 26, rather than bid again for Everton’s John Stones. £15m. (Daily Mail)
- However, Chelsea are also reported to be considering a move for Zenit St Petersburg defender Ezequiel Garay, 28. (Guardian)
- A third defender has been linked to Chelsea today, with the Blues on the verge of signing China defender Zhang Linpeng, 26, from Guangzhou Evergrande before loaning him out for the remainder of the season. (Daily Telegraph)
- Joleon Lescott, 33, is set to leave West Brom for Aston Villa in a £2m deal, with the Baggies on the verge of signing Manchester United centre-back Jonny Evans to replace him. (Birmingham Mail)