Ross County manager Jim McIntyre has called for an improvement in his side’s home form ahead of tomorrow Premiership game against Partick Thistle.
September’s 2-1 victory against Dundee remains County’s only home win of the season, with the Staggies defeated in every other match they have played at Victoria Park.
County are bottom of the table, below St Mirren on goal difference, but can take heart from having drawn their last three games on the road against Motherwell, Celtic and Dundee.
However, McIntyre is keen for the disparity between his side’s home and away form to end by securing a positive result against the Jags at Dingwall.
Staggies boss Jim McIntyre says
“We need to improve our home form. There’s no getting away from it.
“We need to be picking up more points at home and that has to be the main aim in the second part of the season.
“Thistle are in decent form. They’ve only lost once in five, while we’ve lost twice in five. I think it will be a good game.
“They are a very capable side and have a bit of pace and goals in the team.
“It’s as big a warning as we need that they can go to Caley Thistle and win 4-0. They are no mugs.
“I know Alan well as a former team-mate and I know how well prepared they will be. He’s very even-keeled, with a good temperament.
“It will be a very difficult match but I think it’s one both clubs will look at and say there’s a great chance of three points.”
Ross County team news
- Ross County are without six players for the clash.
- The suspended Terry Dunfield joins Michael Gardyne (rib), Tony Dingwall (hand), Ben Frempah (ankle), Rocco Quinn (hip) and Darren Barr (knee) on the sidelines.
- Craig Curran is set for his home debut after scoring at Dundee last week.
Partick Thistle team news
- Partick’s selection crisis has eased ahead of their trip to face Scottish Premiership bottom club Ross County.
- Dan Seaborne and Christie Elliott return and Freddie Frans could also come back from injury.
- Sean Welsh (bone bruising), Abdul Osman (hamstring) and Kallum Higginbotham (illness) are likely to miss out along with Jordan McMillan, who is suspended amid a club investigation.
- Left-back Jake Carroll has returned to Huddersfield after his loan spell ended.
Ross County provisional squad
Reguero, Boyd, Carey, Brittain, Maatsen, Cardle, Jervis, Kiss, Arquin, Gardyne, P Quinn, Irvine, Dunfield, Woods, Toshney, Reckord, Saunders, Boyce, Brown, Curran.
Partick Thistle provisional squad
Gallacher, Seaborne, Balatoni, O’Donnell, Lawless, Bannigan, Elliott, Stevenson, Eccleston, Craigen, Lindsay, McDaid, Doolan, Keenan, Duggan, Black, Frans, Wilson, Fox.