The Scott Allan saga looks like continuing this week, however, one other long running Scottish transfer looks like coming to a conclusion.
Hearts seemed to agree a deal with Nigeria defender Juwon Oshaniwa a lifetime ago but red tape has delayed the deal until now, however those issue now seem to have been resolved, with the full back now granted a visa so he can now jump aboard a plane and head for the Scottish capital.
Ross County have added one of their most impressive performers from last year on a permanent deal, meanwhile Inverness, Hibs and Morton all also look close to strengthening their squads.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer stories.
- Celtic assistant boss John Collins has admitted defender Virgil van Dijk is likely to be sold unless the Parkhead club progress in the Champions League.
Everton are rumoured to have joined the growing list of English Premier League clubs interested in signing the Dutchman as a replacement for potentially Chelsea-bound John Stones. (Daily Record)
- Rangers will this week make a third bid for Hibernian midfielder and boyhood Rangers supporter Scott Allan, who is set to hand in a transfer request. (Scottish Sun)
- Rangers are one of four clubs chasing Brenford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.
Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and Fulham are also interested in signing the player who was one of Brentford’s top performers last season.
- Nigeria full-back Juwon Oshaniwa has moved one step closer to joining Hearts after he was issued a UK visa to allow him to move to Scotland. (Evening News)
- Inverness Caley Thistle could sign attacker Andrea Mbuyi Mutombo following a successful trial spell.
The club have opened talks with the Congolese international who last season played for Croatian side NK Istra and ÉFC Fréjus Saint-Raphaël and also counts Belgian sides Standard Liege, Zulte Waregem and Cercle Brugge among his former clubs after coming through the youth team at Portsmouth.
- Former Aberdeen striker Lee Miller was named as a trialist in the Livingston squad on Saturday against Clyde but failed to make it off the bench as he continued his search for a new club after his release from Kilmarnock. (Daily Record)
- Former Rangers midfielder Rhys McCabe may return to Scotland and join Gers’ Championship rivals, Hibs.
McCabe is to train with the Easter Road club as boss Alan Stubbs decides whether or not to offer the 23-year-old a deal. (Various)
- Morton have agreed terms with Denny Johnstone, 20. The youngster left Celtic for Birmingham last summer before spending loan spells at Macclesfield Town, Cheltenham Town and Burton Albion. A number of other clubs north and south of the border remain interested in the player, with Morton yet to completely finalise the deal.
Latest completed deals
- Ross County have signed former Celtic midfielder Jackson Irvine on a two-year-deal.
- Queen’s Park have signed goalkeeper Connor O’Boyle, 25, from Scottish Amateur Cup winners Harestanes.
And down south…
- Atletico Madrid and Chelsea have agreed a permanent deal to take full-back Filipe Luis back to the Spanish club.
- Former Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic could be set to leave Hull for Greek champions Olympiakos in a £3m deal.
- West Bromwich Albion are set to sign Hull City defender James Chester after a fee of £8m was agreed.
- Real Madrid centre-back Sergio Ramos, 29, looks set to sign a new deal with the Spanish club, ending any chance of a move to Manchester United. (Daily Mail)
- However, United do look set to sign Barcelona forward Pedro, 27, in a 30m euros (£21.4m) deal despite Barca manager Luis Enrique hoping to stop the deal. (Marca)
- Southampton have had a loan bid for Arsenal defender Calum Chambers, 20, rejected by the Gunners. (Daily Mirror)
- Tottenham could make two additions this week, the White Hart Lane club are expected to bid £15m for West Brom striker Saido Berahino and could also move for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie. (London Evening Standard)