There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the adrenaline going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and the transfer window finally (finally!) open.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Aberdeen midfielder Niall McGinn will reject the offer of a three-year contract from Hearts as he ponders whether to leave the Dons for a second crack at English football. (Press and Journal)
- McGinn jetted off to San Francisco with his Aberdeen future up in the air. The winger is out of contract in the summer and has been offered a three-year pre-contract deal by Hearts. (Daily Express)
- Steve Bruce has urged Rangers target Rushian Hepburn-Murphy to snub a move to Ibrox and sign a new long-term contract at Aston Villa. (Scottish Sun)
- Celtic have reportedly agreed a deal to bring in Ivorian wonderkid Kouassi Eboue from Russian side Krasnodar (Various)
- Ross County captain Paul Quinn reckons the Premiership’s winter break has come at the wrong time for him. (Press and Journal)
- Hearts are prepared for a January signing spree to help head coach Ian Cathro overcome his stuttering introduction to frontline management. Up to six new faces could arrive at Tynecastle this month. (Daily Mail)
- Caley Jags boss Richie Foran has reportedly made his first signing of the January transfer window after securing the signature of a non-league Irish striker. 22-year-old Deane Ebbe, a former Shamrock Rovers under-19 frontman, impressed during a trial with the Inverness side. (Press and Journal)
- Rudy Gestede has moved to Middlesbrough from Aston Villa.
- Hull City have sacked manager Mike Phelan
South of the Border
- Manchester United are holding out for more than £20m for Morgan Schneiderlin, 27, who has been the subject of bids from West Brom and Everton. (Manchester Evening News)
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says it will take the club 10 years to catch up to rivals United in terms of European stature. (Daily Mirror)
- City are interested in signing Sevilla midfielder Steven N’Zonzi, 28, for £25m as cover for the injured Ilkay Gundogan. (Sun)
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has made West Ham midfielder Michail Antonio, 26, a surprise inclusion on a list of players he wants to sign in the transfer window. (Sun)
- Blues midfielder Jon Mikel Obi, 29, has received offers from four Chinese Super League clubs, the Nigerian’s contract at Stamford Bridge ends in the summer. (Daily Mirror)
With money tight north of the border, Scottish clubs are seldom able to resist lucrative offers from English rivals for their top performers.