There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the adrenaline going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and the transfer window finally (finally!) open.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes believes Niall McGinn can play a pivotal part for the Dons in the second half of the season and remains hopeful the Northern Ireland international will commit his long-term future to the club. (Press and Journal)
- Rangers defender Danny Wilson is keeping his fingers crossed he has not suffered more injury frustration after a calf complaint which ruled him out for almost two months earlier this season resurfaced. (Various)
- McInnes is close to finalising a deal for Celtic midfielder Ryan Christie, according to reports. (Press and Journal)
- Caley Thistle manager Richie Foran believes Larnell Cole is showing why Inverness were desperate to bring the midfielder back to the club for the rest of the season. (Press and Journal)
- Ross County manager Jim McIntyre feels he has secured the services of one of the best central defenders in Scotland after Andrew Davies extended his contract. (Press and Journal)
- Ian Cathro has been told it was Hearts chiefs who arranged their Scottish Cup replay with Raith tomorrow. (Various)
- Kouasssi Eboue missed one of his first training sessions with Celtic due to a suspected bout of malaria. (Scottish Daily Mail)
- Ross County manager Jim McIntyre believes debutants Jim O’Brien and Milan Lalkovic gave supporters a taste of what is to come with promising performances off the bench in Saturday’s 6-2 Scottish Cup victory against Dundee United. (Press and Journal)
South of the Border
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is considering a summer move for Benfica defender Victor Lindelof (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool have opened contract talks with Brazil forward Philippe Coutinho, 24, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona. (Times)
- England captain Wayne Rooney, 31, has no intention of leaving Manchester United to earn more money in China. (Daily Star)
- Chelsea players have told manager Antonio Conte to sign Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, 29, should their 24-year-old Belgium international Thibaut Courtois leave this summer. (Sun)
- Middlesbrough have rejected a bid from a Chinese consortium to buy a 50% stake in the club worth about £50m. (Daily Mail)
Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes believes he has made one of his most important signings this month in convincing defender Graeme Shinnie to extend his stay at the club.
The 25-year-old, who joined the Dons on a three-year deal in the summer of 2015 from Caley Thistle, has signed a one-year extension to him at Pittodrie until the summer of 2019.
McInnes is delighted to see the Aberdonian commit his future to the club.