There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the adrenaline going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and the transfer window finally (finally!) open.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Aberdeen midfielder Graeme Shinnie believes the arrival of Ryan Christie has lifted the squad – and he expects that sentiment to increase further when his former Inverness team-mate makes his debut. (Press and Journal)
- Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon, 34, wants to hold talks with Chelsea over a move to Stamford Bridge. (Daily Mail)
- Ivorian midfielder Eboue Kouassi, 19, has brought his mum to Glasgow to help him settle after his £2.8m transfer from Russian club Karasnodar. (Herald)
- Adam Straith looks set to win a deal with Caley Thistle after the Canadian international defender played a jet lagged part in victory against Rangers. (Press and Journal)
- Rangers manager Mark Warburton has told Kenny Miller, 37, and Clint Hill, 38, he can’t do any more to get them new deals. (Daily Record)
- But the Gers must ditch one of their four centre-halves to sign West Ham’s Reece Oxford, 18, on loan. (Sun)
- St Mirren manager Jack Ross has re-signed midfielder Stephen McGinn. The 28-year-old spent the first four seasons of his career at Paisley before moving to Watford and Sheffield United. (Sun)
- Inverness are waiting to hear whether they have been successful in attempts to sign two players. (Press and Journal)
- Andrew Davies insists his belief in Ross County’s ability to rise to consistently challenge Aberdeen and Hearts for European places sealed his decision to stay at Dingwall. (Press and Journal)
- Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has warned his players to expect a fired-up Dundee eager to make amends after last week’s Scottish Cup exit when the sides meet at Pittodrie tonight. (Press and Journal)
South of the Border
- Manchester United hope record signing Paul Pogba can use his friendship with France team-mate Antoine Griezmann to aid the club in their pursuit of the 25-year-old Atletico Madrid forward. (Daily Record)
- Arsenal will make a £51m move for Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus if Alexis Sanchez leaves at the end of the season. (WhoScored.com)
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho maintains a close relationship with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, and could be a target for the Spanish club. (Don Balon)
- Manchester United’s Italy full-back Matteo Darmian, 27, is searching for a new apartment in Milan as he eyes a move to Inter. (Sun)
- Chelsea’s Serbia defender Branislav Ivanovic, 32, is in talks over a move to Zenit St Petersburg. (Daily Mail)
Aberdeen vice-captain Graeme Shinnie’s burning ambition is to bring silverware to Pittodrie after extending his contract this week.
The 25-year-old agreed a new deal which will keep him with the Dons until the summer of 2019.
The Aberdonian captained Caley Thistle to Scottish Cup glory in 2015 and is desperate to emulate that success with his home-town club.