There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the anticipation going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and the Dons on the brink of major changes both in the backroom and on the pitch.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Sunderland’s managing director has jetted out to the US today to hold crunch talks with Dons manager Derek McInnes (Press and Journal)
- Gothenburg Great Alex McLeish believes Derek McInnes will struggle to resist the temptation to manage in England again (Press and Journal)
- Former Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood believes St Johnstone’s Tommy Wright is the ideal replacement for Derek McInnes (Press and Journal)
- Hearts want more than £1m for winger Jamie Walker after rejecting a bid of £500,000 from Rangers. (Scotsman)
- Scottish champions Celtic have entered the race to sign 22-year-old Adnan Januzaj, who has seen his career stall at Manchester United (Press and Journal)
- Jonny Hayes could be set to finalise his £1.3million transfer to Celtic within the next 48 hours (Press and Journal)
- Defender Darren McGregor admits Hibs will find it hard to replace Jason Cummings, with the striker on the verge of a move to Nottingham Forest. (Sun)
- Ross County attacker Liam Boyce is poised to join English Championship side Burton Albion after further talks between the two clubs (Press and Journal)
South of the Border
- Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez is interested in reuniting with defensive midfielder Lucas Leiva, who is believed to be available for about £4m. (Northern Echo)
- Striker Alvaro Morata could complete his £65m move from Real Madrid to Manchester United by early next week. (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool must pay Roma £35.5m if they want to sign 24-year-old Egypt winger Mohamed Salah. (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal remain determined to resist any offer from Manchester City or Chelsea this summer for Alexis Sanchez. (Independent)
- Forward Gareth Bale, 27, is not looking for a move away from Real Madrid despite Manchester United’s interest in him.(Daily Mail)
- Leicester are set to offer Hull defender Harry Maguire a £20.8m contract, which will earn the 24-year-old £80,000 a week over five years. (Sun)
John Robertson says experience and maturity will help him return to Caley Thistle a better manager than the one who left the Highlanders 13 years ago.
Robertson was yesterday confirmed as Inverness’ new manager, signing a two-year deal after leaving his ambassadorial role with Hearts.
Robertson was approached by chairman Willie Finlayson to replace Richie Foran, who was sacked last month. The former Ross County and Livingston manager will retain assistant Brian Rice and first-team coach Scott Kellacher.