There’s nothing quite like a good transfer story to get the anticipation going – and thankfully, we have a lots of those today.
Huge money moves, big name transfers and some brilliant news for football fans in the Granite City.
Here are today’s top stories…
- Derek McInnes is staying with Aberdeen FC it was announced tonight – after turning down a reported £900,000 a year deal with Sunderland (Press and Journal)
- Celtic face a fight to keep Jozo Simunovic, with the £9million-rated Croat attracting attention from Premier League sides Newcastle United, Huddersfield Town and Burnley. (Scottish Daily Mail)
- Former Caley Thistle midfielder Danny MacDonald is set to become general manager of the Inverness club (Press and Journal)
- Celtic target Patrick Roberts could be offered a move to Premier League new boys Huddersfield or the France with Nice (Various)
- Partick Thistle defender Liam Lindsay is on the verge of a move to Oxford United after the Jags accepted a bid in the region of £350,000 (Scottish Sun)
- Scotland youth goalie Aidan McAdams will cross the Old Firm divide – after Celtic agreed to sell him to Rangers. (Scottish Sun)
- Birmingham boss Harry Redknapp has told a trio of Scottish clubs – Aberdeen, Dundee and Motherwell – that they have no chance of landing midfielder Greg Stewart (Press and Journal)
South of the Border
- There is “mutual tension” between Chelsea and their manager Antonio Conte after he told Diego Costa via text that he is not part of his plans (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Cristiano Ronaldo, 32, has told Real Madrid he wants to leave Spain and his decision is “irreversible” (A Bola)
- Jose Mourinho has valued Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, 26, at £100m amid interest from Real Madrid (Daily Star)
- Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic, 28, is already planning for life as a Manchester United player with a £44 million transfer planned (MEN)
- Arsenal have had a £17.6m bid rejected for Juventus winger Juan Cuadrado, 29, but the Serie A champions are looking for about £30m for the former Chelsea player. (Sun)
- Stoke would want more than the British record £30m Everton paid to sign Jordan Pickford, if they were to sell goalkeeper Jack Butland, 24. (Stoke Sentinel)
Dons boss Derek McInnes revealed last night he will be staying with Aberdeen FC.
His future at the club had been in doubt after it was reported Sunderland had made an approach.