Celtic’s quest to sign a new centre forward has taken them to Belgium and Tom De Sutter, at the other end of the park, Everton are to bid for the Hoops’ star defender.
Hibs, Alloa and Morton have all strengthened, while Motherwell manager Ian Baraclough has returned to Ireland in a bid to add to his midfield.
In England, it seems to be a day for big club flops to move on, Angel Di Maria is close to leaving Manchester United and Rickie Lambert looks like leaving Liverpool to join West Brom.
Here’s a look at the latest transfer news.
- Reports in Belgium suggest the latest striker Celtic are trying to sign is Club Brugge man Tom De Sutter.
The 30-year-old Belgian, capped 14 times for his country, has scored 33 goals in 97 appearances for Brugge but Celtic believe they will only be able to sign the 6ft 3in hitman if they successfully reach the Champions League group stages. (Nieuwsblad)
- Everton are set to submit a bid for Celtic’s £10million rated central defender Virgil van Dijk after watching him in the Hoops’ 1-0 Champions League qualifying victory over Qarabag on Wednesday. (The Sun)
- Celtic’s second leg against Qarabag could be played in front of a bumper crowd as the Azerbaijan side are trying to move the match to the country’s national stadium to allow almost 69,000 fans to back them. (Daily Record)
- In a frank meeting on Tuesday, Celtic told Anthony Stokes, 27, that he is no longer needed at Parkhead and is free to find another club. Hull, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan are all reportedly interested in the Republic of Ireland international. (Daily Mail)
- Aston Villa and Swansea City have joined the race to sign Hearts defender Jordan McGhee.
Ipswich Town are also chasing the signature of the 19-year-old Scotland under-21 captain. (Daily Record)
- Motherwell have had a bid rejected for St Patrick’s midfielder Greg Bolger, 26. (Goal.com)
- Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster has refused to comment on claims the Easter Road club had a verbal agreement with midfielder Scott Allan to allow him to join a “bigger club” if an offer came in. (Scotsman)
- Celtic face competition from Dutch side Feyenoord for Den Haag striker Michiel Kramer, 26. (Voetball)
- Former Rangers defender Bilel Mohsni is poised to sign for French Lique 1 club Angers after failing to secure a move back home to Tunisia. (StarAfrica.com)
- Former Celtic striker Georgios Samaras is set to sign for Serie A club Sampdoria after leaving West Brom. (TalkSport)
Latest completed deals
- Alloa Athletic have signed Estonian international defender Mikk Reintam, 25.
- Hibs have completed the signing of former St Mirren midfielder John McGinn.
- Morton have added two new attackers, with former Celtic youngster Denny Johnstone joining on loan from Birmingham City and ex-PSV striker Romario Sabajo joining on a six month deal.
- Hearts youngster Alistair Roy has joined East Stirling on loan.
And down south…
- Liverpool striker Rickie Lambert is set to join West Brom after the two clubs agreed a fee, believed to be in the region of £3m.
- Leicester are set to make a €7million move for Atalanta defender Yoan Benaloune, 28. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Despite reports Manchester United are on the verge of signing Pedro, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu insists there have been no offers for the Spain international. (Sky Sports)
- Paris Saint-Germain are closing in on the signing of Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria, United are looking for more than £44million for the man they paid a British record £59.7m fee to Real Madrid for last summer. (Sky Sports)
- Rudy Gestede is set for a medical at Aston Villa after they agreed a £6m fee with Blackburn for the player.
- QPR have completed the signing of defender James Perch from Wigan.
- Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray is set to move to newly promoted Premier League side Bournemouth. (Dailly Mirror)
- Manchester City’s Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko, 29, has agreed personal terms with Roma. (Sky Sports)
- Manchester United will offer cash plus Northern Ireland defender Jonny Evans, 27, in an effort to sign John Stones. (Daily Mirror)
- Sunderland striker Connor Wickham, 22, is set to sign for Crystal Palace for over £8million. (Daily Telegraph)
- Nantes’s French midfielder Jordan Veretout, 22, is closing in on a move to Aston Villa. (Sky Sports)