Celtic’s European adventure continues in Azerbaijan this evening, but while the Hoops have important matters to deal with on the pitch, plenty of other clubs are busy off the park.
The ongoing Scott Allan transfer saga took a fresh twist today as Rotherham joined the chase for his signature.
Over in Edinburgh Hearts are looking to hold onto one of their promising defenders while both the Jambos and Hibs could sign a new striker this week.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer stories.
- If Celtic fail to reach the Champions League group stages, defender Virgil van Dijk will be sold to the highest bidder. (Daily Mail)
- Rangers have made a third bid for Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan.
Just like the first two offers, the Easter Road club have rejected this offer too. (STV)
- Rotherham are looking to compete with Rangers for the signing of Scott Allan but have had a £375,000 bid rejected.
Talks continue between the Easter Road club and the English Championship side. (BBC)
- Hearts have rejected two bids from Ipswich Town for Scotland Under-21 defender Jordan McGhee but the Jambos will not sell the 19-year-old for anything less than £500,000. (Evening News)
- Hearts are looking to sign another striker and are considering a move for former Corby Town player Wilson Carvalho, 22, who scored for the Jambos as a trialist in Tuesday night’s under-20 2-2 draw with Rangers. (Daily Record)
- Hibs could also add a striker from down south and have taken Jamie Insall on trial, the hitman netted 30 times for English non-league side Bromyard Town last season. (Daily Record)
- Former Scotland forward Derek Riordan could be set for a move to League One. The former Hibs and Celtic striker, who won three international caps played for Brechin City as a trialist last night and could join the club on a permanent deal. (The Scotsman)
- Kilmarnock could end goalkeeper Craig Samson’s contract early after he was replaced as Killie number one by new signing Jamie MacDonald. (The Sun)
- Promising youngster John Souttar is on the verge of signing a new contract at Dundee United.
United are keen to tie up the 18-year-old on a longer deal and a new contract could be finalised this week. (Evening Telegraph)
Latest completed deals
- Livingston have signed goalkeeper Matt Gould, son of Livi boss Mark Burchill’s former Celtic team-mate, Jonathan.
- St Mirren have signed former Rangers attacker Callum Gallagher on a one year deal.
- Former Hearts striker Calum Elliot, forced to retire through injury at the age of 28, has been appointed the new manager of junior club Edinburgh United.
And down south…
- Wolfsburg will sell midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, 24, but will not accept anything less the £50million for the Manchester City target. (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool are looking to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, 24.(L’Equipe)
- Liverpool in talks with Fiorentina over transfer of former Sunderland striker Fabio Borini.
- Manchester United will complete a £20m deal for Barcelona forward Pedro, 28, in the coming days. (Sun)
- Sunderland are looking to sign Manchester United’s winger Adnan Januzaj, 20, on a season-long loan deal. (Sunderland Echo)
- Leroy Fer failed his medical at Sunderland and will return to QPR (Sky Sports)
- Left back Baba Rahman, 21, is close to signing for Chalsea, according to the Augsburg defender’s agent. (Daily Star)
- West Ham are to offer £12million for Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez. (London Evening Standard)
- Porta are set to sign Aston Villa left-back Aly Cissokho, 27, on a season-long loan deal. (Birmingham Mail)