It has been a big day in the transfer window for Celtic with the Parkhead club reportedly agreeing a deal for one of their top January targets.
Rangers, Dundee United and Partick Thistle are also looking to strengthen their squads, while a number of other deals have been completed in the Championship today.
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Celtic have reportedly agreed a deal to sign highly rated Manchester City youngster Patrick Roberts on a long term loan deal.
Roberts will complete his move this weekend and remain at Parkhead until summer 2017. (Scottish Sun)
- Highly rated youngster Kristoffer Ajer has suggested he could join Celtic this month.
The 17-year-old spent time on trial with the Hoops at the beginning of the window and said ‘there has been dialogue’ with Parkhead bosses over a possible move. (Scottish Sun)
- Rangers are in talks with Southampton over a potential loan deal for midfielder Harrison Reed, 20, until the end of the season. (Daily Mail)
- Dundee United are in talks with Partick Thistle midfielder Steven Lawless over a pre-contract deal.
- Partick Thistle are looking to sign former Queens Park Rangers and Karela Blasters striker Antonio German, 24. (Scottish Sun)
Latest done deals
- Raith Rovers have signed Leicester City striker Harry Panayiotou on loan until the end of the season.
- Falkirk have signed Myles Hippolyte from Livingston for an undiscolsed fee.
— Falkirk FC (@falkirkbairns) January 29, 2016
- St Mirren have signed Alex Cooper, just hours after the midfielder was released by Championship rivals Falkirk.
- Dumbarton have signed Sheffield United midfielder Kler Heh on loan until the end of the season.
- Livingston have signed Queens Park Rangers defender Osman Kakay on loan until the end of the season.
- Rangers have signed Hearts winger Billy King on loan until the end of the season.
- Rangers midfielder Fraser Aird has joined Vancouver Whitecaps on loan.
- St Mirren midfielder Lewis McLear has joined Stirling Albion on a six-month development loan.
- Defender Gary Irvine has left Dundee by mutual consent.
- Hamilton Accies have released Northern Irish defender Jamie Sendles-White.
- Falkirk have signed for West Ham keeper Deniz Mehmet on a deal until the end of the season.
- Former Airdrie and Celtic striker Tony Watt has joined Blackburn Rovers on loan.
Rovers’ new signing Tony Watt will wear squad number 8. pic.twitter.com/HM9YVkBrre
— Blackburn Rovers (@Rovers) January 29, 2016
- The speculation over who will be the next permanent manager of Chelsea continues. Reports claims Italy boss Antonio Conte will be the long-term replacement for Jose Mourinho, who was sacked in December. (Daily Mail)
- Barcelona forward Neymar says he would “love” to play under Pep Guardiola, the Bayern Munich manager who is widely expected to take over at Manchester City in the summer. (Daily Mirror)
- Manchester United hope to beat Leicester to the signing of CSKA Moscow’s Nigeria forward Ahmed Musa. (Daily Express)
- West Brom are in talks with QPR in a bid to take former Tottenham midfielder Sandro on loan. (Daily Telegraph)
- A proposed loan move for West Ham midfielder Reece Oxford has fallen through because Charlton manager Jose Riga does not know who the 17-year-old is. (The Sun)