Another day has brought with it another set of juicy rumours and transfer tales.
Both sides of the Old Firm are in talks to sign defenders from the English Premier League, while Kilmarnock are looking to sign a promising young striker from south of the border.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer stories…
- Alan Stubbs will reportedly try to make Celtic striker Anthony Stokes his first signing for Rotherham.
The former Hibs boss signed the 27-year-old striker on loan for the Easter Road side last season. (Various)
- Celtic are locked in talks with Liverpool over a possible £3million move for defender Andre Wisdom.
The versatile defender, who can play in either full back role or in the heart of the defence, spent last season on loan at Norwich and Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is willing to let him leave on a permanent deal this summer. (Various)
- Conor Sammon is on the verge of signing for Hearts and has reportedly agreed a three year deal with the Tynecastle club. (BBC)
- Former Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is in Glasgow today to hold signing talks with Rangers.
The 30-year-old centre half was released by Newcastle at the end of the season after making just 10 appearances in an injury plagued campaign. The Gers face competition from clubs in Turkey for his signature. (Daily Record)
- Rangers could make a move for Plymouth Argyle captain Curtis Nelson, with the defender out of contract this summer.
Rangers boss Mark Warburton is considering offering the 23-year-old centre half a deal as he tries to strengthen his defensive options. (Plymouth Herald)
- Kilmarnock are looking to sign young Newcastle striker Adam Armstrong on loan.
The 19-year-old netted 20 goals in 40 games on loan at Coventry last season and Killie boss Lee Clark is hopeful his strong links with Newcastle could pave the way for the move. (Evening Chronicle)
Latest done deals
- Raith Rovers have signed former Kilmarnock winger Chris Johnston.
- Frederic Frans is on his way out of Partick Thistle after rejecting a new deal with the Firhill club.
- Berwick Rangers have added experienced midfielder Kevin McKinlay on a one year deal after he left Stirling Albion.
- Liam Dick has joined Stranraer on a permanent deal after impressing on loan from Falkirk last season, earning the club’s Young Player of the Year award.
South of the border
- Chelsea are considering a double swoop to sign Juventus forward Alvaro Morata and Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante. (Daily Mail)
- Arsenal are confident of finalising a deal for Leicester forward Jamie Vardy. (Telegraph)
- If Vardy does join Arsenal, Leicester will turn to Watford striker Troy Deeney, 27, to replace him. (Telegraph)
- Pep Guardiola is looking to re-shape the Manchester City midfield. City have already signed Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and the Spanish boss is now looking to snap up Toni Kroos, 26, from Real Madrid. City could sell midfielder Fernando, 28, with Villarreal and Valencia both interested in signing the Brazilian. (Manchester Evening News)
- Everton are hoping to appoint Ronald Koeman as the club’s new manager and then sign £15million rated Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann, 29. (Liverpool Echo)
- Manchester United have lodged a £35.2m bid to sign Valencia midfielder Andre Gomes, 22. (Daily Star)
- Leicester are in talks over a move for £12million rated Nice midfielder Nampalys Mendy, 23. (Daily Mail)