Euro 2016 kicks off tomorrow but for one last day, let’s focus on the transfer news.
Celtic have shipped one flop striker off to Brazil, while another out-of-favour Parkhead frontman has been released. Talking of exits, Rangers hero Ian Durrant is set to leave Ibrox 25 years after joining the club.
South of the border, a number of players have signed new contracts, while Manchester United may need to pay over £80million to sign a player they let go for less than £1million a few shorts seasons ago.
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Motherwell are looking to sign former Caley Thistle goalkeeper Dean Brill, following his release from the Highland club.
- Hearts will hold talks with former Dundee United and Kilmarnock attacker Robbie Muirhead, 20, over a possible summer move. (Evening News)
- Neil Lennon is keen to sign two of his former Celtic charges for Hibernian. The new Easter Road boss is keen to sign both Kris Commons and Anthony Stokes. (Various)
- Rotherham, Birmingham City, Fulham and Blackburn Rovers are also chasing the signature of striker Anthony Stokes following his release from Celtic.
- Celtic are edging closer to securing a deal to sign Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom.
Brendan Rodgers is looking to complete a £3million deal for the defender who has been told he can leave Anfield. (Various)
- Celtic are considering a move for Norwich central defender Ryan Bennett, following the Canaries’ relegation from the English Premier League.
Premier League clubs Middlesbrough and Hull City have also been credited with an interest in the defender. (HITC)
- Celtic could be in for a cash windfall this summer courtesy of the sale of former players.
Virgil van Dijk and Victor Wanyama both left the Hoops for Southampton and could move on again this summer with Everton and Spurs in particular showing an interest in the duo.
Celtic would be due a sell on fee if either player were to move on. (Various)
- Kilmarnock could sign midfielder Martin Smith following his release from Sunderland.
- Rangers legend Ian Durrant is to leave Ibrox 25 years after first joining the club.
The current under-20s manager is to be moved on as part of a coaching reshuffle. (STV)
- Rangers will need to wait to find out whether or not they will be able to re-sign Tottenham’s Dominic Ball.
The versatile 20-year-old has to report for pre-season with Tottenham to allow Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino to run the rule over him. (Various)
- Partick Thistle player/coach Paul Gallacher is expected to join Hearts as their new goalkeeping coach. (The Scotsman)
Latest done deals
- Inverness Caley Thistle have signed striker Scott Boden from Newport County.
- Celtic attacker Colin Kazim-Richards has signed for Brazilian side Coritiba.
— Coritiba (@Coritiba) June 9, 2016
- Striker Anthony Stokes has been released by Celtic.
- Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin has signed a new deal for the 2016/17 season.
- Michael Carrick has signed a new one year deal with Manchester United.
Can't wait to get back to work..
1 more year for this great club and hopefully more of this !!! pic.twitter.com/RQQ1U0K2OZ
— Michael Carrick (@carras16) June 9, 2016
- Everton midfielder Darron Gibson has signed a new deal with the club until June 2018.
- West Brom are looking to sign Scotland winger Matt Phillips from QPR.
- Chelsea have already started loaning players out for next season with 20-year-old Brazilian, Nathan, joining Vitesse on loan for another year.
- Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe has signed a new deal until 2019 – by which point he will be 37.
- Manchester United are looking to bring Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford but my need to pay over £80million to do so.
- New Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is looking to sign Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner, 32. (Sun)
- Chelsea are also considering a bid for Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, 22, who is expected to cost more than £30million.