It’s nearly time for Euro 2016 kick off and we’re all rather excited but before our attention properly turns to France, let’s take a quick look at today’s transfer news.
Let’s be honest, we all want to go watch the Euros, so let’s make this brief.
Here are today’s top transfer tales…
- Ross County have turned down a bid from Burton Albion for midfielder Jackson Irvine.
Rotherham United manager Alan Stubbs is also monitoring Irvine’s availability. (Press and Journal)
- Celtic signing target Matty Taylor is reportedly keen to leave Bristol Rovers this summer.
The 26-year-old forward, who has netted 47 goals in 94 matches for Rovers, is attracting interest from Wigan and other Championship sides but Celtic are believed to Taylor’s preferred option. (Various)
- Former Rangers striker Nicky Clark is in talks with Sheffield United over a possible move to the League One club. (Scottish Sun)
- Niko Kranjcar could be on the verge of joining newly-promoted Rangers after reports in Croatia confirmed he had agreed a two-year-deal with the club.
Rangers boss Mark Warburton is understood to have flown to America last month for talks with the 31-year-old midfielder.
And according to reports in Croatian newspapers, Kranjcar has already given assurances that he will be on board for pre-season fixtures.
- Aberdeen have recruited legendary former manager Sir Alex Ferguson in a bid to land the services of one of Manchester United’s bright young stars.
Reserve goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has still to make his debut for the Old Trafford side but Derek McInnes is understood to be keen on bringing the youngster in on loan.
Johnstone has spent time on loan at Oldham, Yeovil, Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Preston in the past and is building up a reputation as a confident man between the sticks. (Daily Express)
- English Championship side Fulham are the latest club to be linked with a move for forward Anthony Stokes following his release by Celtic.
Hibs, Rotherham, Leeds and Birmingham are also interested in his services. (Various)
Latest done deals
- Dundee have completed the signing of Mark O’Hara on a free transfer from Kilmarnock.
- Former Aberdeen striker Declan McManus has been freed by English League One club Fleetwood Town.
- Scotland striker Steven Fletcher has been released by Sunderland.
- Rangers have released attacking midfielder Dean Sheils.
South of the border
- Barcelona want Chelsea full-back Cesar Azpilicueta, 26, to replace the departing Dani Alves. (Daily Telegraph)
- Manchester United could re-sign Nani from Fenerbahce for his £6.3m release clause. (DHA, via Talksport)
- Manchester United are interested in signing Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 27. (Daily Mail)
- Jamie Vardy is 80% likely to turn down a move to Arsenal in favour of staying with Leicester. (Evening Standard)
- Watford have rejected a £20million bid from Leicester for captain Troy Deeney, 27. (Daily Mirror)
- Inter Milan try to sign Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure after being bought by Chinese investors. (Manchester Evening News)