The Euros are hotting up in France as we head towards the conclusion of the last 16, but fear not, closer to home there is still plenty of transfer news doing the rounds.
We often see players moving clubs on the back of a good international tournament and today Celtic and Rangers have both been linked with Eur0 2016 stars. One was sent off yesterday and the other didn’t leave the substitutes bench all tournament but that really isn’t the point!
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Celtic are looking to sign Blackburn Rovers centre-half Shane Duffy. The 24-year-old Impressed for the Republic of Ireland against Italy but was sent off in his country’s Euro 2016 last 16 defeat by France on Sunday. (Daily Express)
- Millwall have slapped a £2million price tag on Celtic target Lee Gregory.
The 27-year-old striker netted 26 goals in 53 appearances last season. (Various)
- Celtic have been told that Aston Villa attacker Scott Sinclair is not for sale after the English Championship side rejected a bid from Parkhead for the 27-year-old. (Various)
- Celtic could be without defender Efe Ambrose for their Champions League qualifiers as the defender could be called up to play for Nigeria as an over-age player at the Olympics in Rio. (The Herald)
- Sporting Lisbon’s Scotland Under-21 midfielder Ryan Gauld could return to the UK with Sheffield Wednesday currently leading the chase to sign the 20-year-old on loan. (The Sun)
- AEK Athens are looking to sign Scotland striker Steven Fletcher. The Greek side’s manager, Gus Poyet, knows the 29-year-old from his time in charge of Sunderland. (Sunderland Echo)
- Northern Ireland goalkeeper Michael McGovern, 31, is looking to join a new club this week after his Hamilton Accies contract expired. (Daily Record)
- Rangers are considering a move for MK Dons full back Lee Hodson. The 24-year-old defender, who is currently on his way home from Euro 2016 with the Northern Ireland squad, spent time on loan at Kilmarnock last season.(The Sun)
- Motherwell midfielder Stephen Pearson, 33, is expected to return to the Indian Super League to sign for Atletico de Kolkata. (The Herald)
- Queen of the South are interested in signing midfielder Scott Brown, following his release from St Johnstone. The 21-year-old is currently training with Queens. (Daily Record)
- Christian Nade could join Morton after rejecting a new deal at Dumbarton. (Daily Record)
- Annan Athletic winger Josh Todd is expected to leave the League Two club, with Dunfermline Athletic and Queen of the South competing for the 22-year-old’s signature. (Daily Record)
Latest done deals
- Dundee United have taken three players on trial – Bournemouth centre-half Stephane Zubar, 29, Slovenian striker Alen Ploj, 23, and West Brom youngster Joe Ward, 19, are all training with the United team this week.
- League Two new boys Edinburgh City have completed the signing of midfielder Dean Cummings from Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale.
South of the border
- Liverpool have agreed a £34million fee with Southampton for attacker Sadio Mane. The player will have a medical on Merseyside later today. (Various)
- Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 27, is expected to complete his move to Manchester United this week. (Various)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic will finally complete his move to the English Premier League by signing a one-year contract with Manchester United on Friday. (Various)
- Defender Neven Subotic has confirmed he wants to leave Borussia Dortmund and could be reunited with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. (Daily Express)
- Chelsea have had two bids rejected for Belgium and Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan, 28, but will make a third bid this week. (Daily Mirror)
- Leicester City are in talks with Norwich City in a bid to sign Republic of Ireland winger Robbie Brady. (Leicester Mercury)
- Arsenal are looking to sign striker Alexandre Lacazette. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger will meet with the the France and Lyon’s representatives to discuss terms. (Sun)