Last night we had some Icelandic heroes to entertain us, today we have some transfer news to keep us ticking over.
Rangers have brought in marquee signings in the shape of Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar already this summer but Celtic are on the verge of making their own statement in the transfer market by signing highly rated Fulham attacker Moussa Dembele.
The signing of the France youth international, 19, would be seen as quite the coup and Hoops fans will be hoping it is a sign of things to come.
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Fulham striker Moussa Dembele is in Scotland this afternoon, completing a medical ahead of his move to Celtic.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG had all previously been linked with the 19-year-old attacker who nearly joined Tottenham in a £6million deal in January. Celtic will only need to pay a compensation fee of around £500,000.
- Rangers are closing in on the signing of Northern Ireland right-back Lee Hodson, with Mark Warburton confident of completing a deal later this week for the defender who returned from Euro 2016 yesterday. (Scottish Daily Mail)
- Kyle Lafferty is keen on a return to Ibrox but regrets the way he walked out on the Ibrox club and fears the Gers fans would not welcome him back in Glasgow. (The Scotsman)
- Neil Lennon has confirmed that Hibs are in talks with strikers Scott McDonald and Grant Holt, both of whom are available on free transfers. (Sky Sports)
- Aberdeen midfielder Willo Flood is expected to join Dundee United after the Dons Europa League tie on Thursday night. (Various)
- United are also looking to sign Kilmarnock forward Tope Obadeyi.(The Courier)
- Aidan Connolly is closing in on a move to York City following his release from Dundee United. (Daily Record)
- Raith Rovers boss Gary Locke is considering a move to sign David Templeton following his release from Rangers but Locke has concerns over the winger’s fitness. (Scottish Sun)
Latest completed deals
- Striker John Sutton has joined St Mirren on a two-year deal from St Johnstone.
- Motherwell have signed former Inverness goalkeeper Dean Brill.
- Celtic flop Stefan Scepovic has joined Getafe on a permanent deal.
South of the border
- Liverpool have completed the signing of Southampton attacker Sadio Mane for a fee which could rise to £35million.
- Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in signing Real Madrid attacker Jese on a permanent deal but the Spanish side would rather send him out on loan. (AS)
- Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34, will finally sign for Manchester United after he undergoes a medical next week. (Sky Sports)
- Chelsea will compete with Everton for the signature of Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel, 27. (Daily Mail)
- Chelsea are also hoping to sign striker Alvaro Morata after he returned to Real Madrid from Juventus. (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal have made an offer for Santos striker Gabriel Barbosa. The 19-year-old has a £40m release clause in his contract. (ESPN Brazil)