A primary school in East Dunbartonshire has been hit by a norovirus outbreak.
The council said 56 pupils at Clober Primary School in Milngavie had symptoms of the winter vomiting bug and did not attend classes on Wednesday.
Parents and carers were sent a text alert by staff to notify them of the outbreak.
The school, which has more than 200 pupils, remained open but it was advised that children displaying symptoms should be kept at home for 48 hours.
Gordon Currie, d irector of education and children’s services at East Dunbartonshire Council, said: ” We have been in contact with NHS Public Health and as per their advice we are conducting a deep clean of the school building this evening.”
Norovirus, which causes diarrhoea and vomiting, is one of the most common stomach bugs in the UK.