Unions and councillors have raised fears that equipment to protect Aberdeen council workers from asbestos exposure is not in place - despite nearly 30-year-old legislation requiring it.
Aberdeen council bosses have confirmed that asbestos was discovered in the roof of a former city secondary school- which has had its demolition halted.
The demolition of a former Aberdeen school has been hampered due to fears over asbestos.
Work is being tendered to remove asbestos which was discovered in a north-east care home.
Health and safety investigators have discovered Aberdeen City Council potentially exposed workers in a high-rise to asbestos.
Health and safety chiefs have ruled the city council took appropriate steps after a significant asbestos breach at an Aberdeen school.
A north-east business centre faces being demolished after a deal to sell it reportedly fell through because of the cost of ridding the building of asbestos.
Aberdeen council bosses will have to shell out more than £20,000 on training staff after breaching health and safety law in their handling of an asbestos discovery at a city school.
Aberdeen City Council has been warned it faces a bill for breaching health and safety laws at a secondary school.
Aberdeen City Council have been urged to improve procedures after a report into its handling of asbestos at an Aberdeen school.
Young people and children have been told to keep out of an unused school due to the dangers and risk of asbestos poisoning.
Asbestos has been found at one of the largest schools in the Highlands – sparking renewed calls for the local authority to “sort out its neglected school estate”.
Aberdeen Council spends more than half-a-million removing asbestos from schools as critics claim bosses underestimated its danger
The huge sums spent by Aberdeen City Council on removing a potentially life-threatening substance from ageing schools has been revealed in an FOI exclusively obtained by the Press and Journal.
Pupils at an Island primary school had to go without hot meals this week after asbestos was found in the kitchen.
Military officials are attempting to track down thousands of armed forces personnel due to concerns they may have been affected by asbestos.
Parents have voiced their concerns as it emerged a north primary school building contains asbestos.
Asbestos has been found at a second Aberdeen school just days before pupils return after the summer break.
Union bosses say they have received an apology from the city council after allegedly not being informed asbestos had been removed from an Aberdeen secondary school.
Union chiefs have raised concerns that two janitors and another worker may have been exposed to potentially deadly asbestos at an Aberdeen secondary school.
School staff said they were "incorrectly advised" that a woodwork area at Nairn Academy could be used after asbestos temporarily closed a number of other classrooms.
Vintage cars, a caravan and personal belongings went up in flames yesterday after a massive fire broke out at a north-east storage yard.
Firefighters are battling a blaze in an Aberdeenshire village after a vehicle is believed to have caught alight in an outbuilding.
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation after workers were exposed to asbestos at an Aberdeen council depot.
An investigation has been launched after workers were allegedly exposed to asbestos at an Aberdeen council depot.
Fly-tippers dumping rubbish at beauty spots have been accused of tarnishing the “Jewel of Moray”.
Five police officers, who were rushed to hospital in an asbestos scare, after carrying out a search at a city pub, have been discharged.
Council houses in Forres will have to wait "years" for insulation while private homeowners take advantage of Scottish Government grants.
A major retail development in the north-east's largest town could be held up by the discovery of asbestos on the site.
A north-east council has been accused of putting residents and construction workers' lives at risk.
Workers in the north-east who believe they may have been exposed to asbestos have been urged to seek help.