Police are appealing for information over two assaults in Aberdeen which left men seriously injured.
Two men were taken to hospital for treatment after being attacked in a home in Jute Street at about 9.30pm last Thursday.
The force said the 24 and 25-year-old pair were left with “serious, but not life-threatening injuries”.
Earlier last week, a man was set upon by a gang outside a newsagent in Torry.
The 25-year-old man was battered on North Balnagask Road at about 10pm last Monday.
Police yesterday appealed for information from the public that could bring the attackers in both cases to justice, and stressed that the incidents are not linked.
Detective inspector Jackie Knight, of Aberdeen CID, said: “Our investigations into both these incidents are ongoing and I am again urging anyone with information relating to either to come forward.
“Extensive inquiries have been carried out at both locations, including door-to-door work and examining CCTV.
“I would like to thank both communities for their understanding and patience while we have carried out this work.
“I must stress that we are not linking these two incidents, but would be keen to hear from anyone who may be able to assist either of our investigations.”
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call the police on 101 or contact the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111 if they would prefer to remain anonymous.