A project to save an ancient church is to receive a £25,000 grant from Western Isles Council.
The cash will help save the old St Columba’s Church in Aginish, Point, which is at risk of falling into the sea.
Building sea defences some years ago temporarily halted erosion of the ground under the ruins but the pounding of past winter storms means additional protection is required.
Major renovations of the church’s stonework are complete and the building which was closed for years is now open to the public.
The council’s financial contribution will pay part of a £65,000 round of consolidation and stabilisation work.
The church – also called Eaglais Na h-Aoidhe or Ui Church – is one of the most important medieval buildings in Lewis.
As one of the best preserved pre-Reformation churches in Lewis, it is of prime historical, archaeological and cultural significance and the site includes historic inscribed grave slabs.
Nineteen Clan Macleod chiefs are buried in the surrounding cemetery.
The church was an active Episcopalian chapel until a new place of worship was built nearby in 1829.
Scottish Presbyterianism then became the dominant faith in Lewis and the old church was left to decay until now.
The council is awarding the grant from landfill tax it collects.