No observers will allowed entry to Aberdeen Town House next month for a hearing into the misconduct of shamed councillor Alan Donnelly.
The Standards Commission panel overseeing proceedings has ruled it is “not appropriate” for wider attendance due to ongoing coronavirus restrictions.
Donnelly, who was found guilty of sexual assault last year, will face the ethics watchdog hearing on October 6.
At Aberdeen Sheriff Court, the former deputy lord provost was told by Sheriff Ian Wallace that he had given evidence which was “untrue” and sentenced to an eight-month supervision order, placed on the sex offenders register and ordered to pay his victim £800 in compensation.
The Torry And Ferryhill member denied touching his victim’s face, hair and body and kissing him on the face – but was convicted after trial.
Would-be attendees had been asked to register their interest in going with the Standards Commission, in the hope at least some could go.
The Town House is currently being used for Aberdeen Council committee meetings – but again, no observers have been permitted entry.
A spokeswoman told The P&J: “Due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the Scottish Government, the hearing panel now considers it is not appropriate for observers to attend the hearing scheduled to take place in the council chamber, Aberdeen on Tuesday October 6.
“We appreciate you may be disappointed by this but hope that you understand the reasons for it.”