Four fire crews were called to Clachnacuddin Football Club after a blaze started in the laundry room.
The fire service arrived at Grant Street Park stadium at 9.23am where they extinguished the flames within the hour.
Club bosses have said “catastrophic damage” has been caused with a “major repair and refurbishment project” required.
Club StatementAround 9.30 this morning, Tuesday, Club officials were informed of a report of a small fire withing our…
The fire was confined to the laundry room within the main Mercury House building with the efforts of firefighters praised to ensure the blaze had not spread to other parts of the building.
The club is understood to have contacted the Highland League as the damage could force the cancellation of their scheduled tie this coming weekend with Formartine United.
A statement reads: “This is a huge setback for our club but we will be back on our feet in no time and will continue to ensure that the club continues as a cornerstone of the community and football in Inverness and the Highlands.”
Two jets were used by the crews to extinguish the blaze.
A stop message was echoed back at 10.40am with crews remaining on scene for a short while to dampen down hotspots.