The best piece of transfer business done today looks like it could have been done by Kilmarnock who have managed to convince highly rated youngster Greg Kiltie to pen a new two and a half year deal, despite growing interest from elsewhere.
Elsewhere, Rangers may well be on the cusp of securing their third signing of the transfer window, while a couple of goalkeepers could be on the move and Mixu Paatelainen has turned to one of his compatriots to dig him out of a great big relegation scrap shaped hole.
Here is a look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Rangers are closing in on a deal to sign Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.
The holding midfielder played for Gers boss Mark Warburton at the English Championship club and despite the Gers having two bids already rejected this month, a deal worth £500,000 could be struck over the weekend. (Daily Record)
- Romanian right-back Andrei Peteleu has joined Celtic on trial.
The defender is 23-years-old and currently plays for Petrolul Ploiesti.
- Celtic have been linked with a move for Croatian Ljuban Crepulja, 22.
The Slaven Belupo midfielder could be available for £300,000. (Daily Record)
- St Patrick’s Athletic midfielder Darragh Markey has joined Celtic on trial.
The 18-year-old has been linked with a number of English Premier League clubs but will play in a trial match for the Hoops this weekend. (BBC)
- Rangers goalkeeper Cammy Bell could be allowed to leave Ibrox on loan as he attempts to get back to full fitness.
With Bell missing the first half off the season through injury, Wes Foderingham has established himself as Gers number one, with Maciej Gostomski joining last week as back up. (Various)
- Hearts third choice goalkeeper Scott Gallacher could be set to leave Hearts in a bid to find first team football elsewhere. (The Sun)
- Kilmarnock looking to sign MK Dons’ Northern Ireland right back Lee Hodson, 24, on loan until the end of the season. (The Sun)
Latest done deals
- Finnish striker Riku Riski, 24, has joined former Finland manager Mixu Paatelainen at Dundee United.
The striker has joined on loan from Norwegian club Rosenborg and has 26 caps for Finland. (Evening Telegraph)
- Greg Kiltie has signed a new contract with Kilmarnock, ending speculation that he would move on this month. A host of clubs, including Hibs, were reportedly keen to sign him when his previous contract came to an end, later this month.
- Dunfermline have signed St Johnstone defender Brad Mckay, 22, on loan until the end of the season.
— Brad Mckay. (@brad_mckay) January 8, 2016
- Livingston have signed Hibs midfielder Sam Stanton on loan until the end of the season.
- Celtic midfielder Michael Duffy has extended his loan deal at Alloa until the end of the season.
- Striker Paul Heffernan has left Queen of the South.
- Rangers keeper Liam Kelly has joined League Two side East Fife on loan until the end of the season.