A furious mum claims she was accused of overreacting after raising concerns about a “stabbing list” brought into Cults Academy by a pupil.
The parent, who did not wish to be named, said she received an e-mail from another mum about five weeks ago.
She was told a boy had a list containing the names of students he wanted to stab, and that both her child and her friend’s were on it.
Fearing for her own child’s safety, she removed the youngster from school and immediately raised concerns with staff.
“My child was really scared to go into school because they know this boy has penknives,” she said last night.
She said she had to “battle” to get the youngster to go back to school.
The incident reportedly happened just months after 16-year-old Bailey Gwynne was stabbed to death in the school.
But the mum claims that after she contacted the school, she was told she was being unreasonable and that “it was nothing to worry about”.
It was a case of the boy “just being bravado”, she says she was told.
“They just said they would be searching him every day to make sure there was nothing on him,” she added.
“I don’t know how long that has continued or if it is still ongoing.”
She said she felt very uncomfortable with the situation and added: “Every day they go to school I worry.
“I know of a couple of parents who are worried about this stabbing list.
“I would have thought they would have taken it more seriously, not just putting it down to bravado.”
The mum said both her child’s guidance teacher and the head teacher, Anna Muirhead were aware of the incident.
She said: “Anna Muirhead called me back after I raised my fears with the guidance teacher and said my child wasn’t coming back to school until this was sorted. She told me I was over reacting.”
Last night, a spokeswoman for Aberdeen City Council assured parents all incidents were handled on a “case by case” basis.
She said: “All weapons are prohibited from schools. Any incident where a pupil is found to have a weapon on the premises is treated very seriously. The school would immediately alert the relevant authorities and take advice on appropriate action.
All incidents are handled on a case by case basis and are given careful attention to consider fully the context of the situation.”
On Monday, a 16-year-old boy was convicted of killing Bailey in a lunchtime fight over a biscuit.
He was found guilty of culpable homicide, after a trial at the High Court in Aberdeen. He was also convicted of being in possession of knives and knuckle dusters while at the school on a number of occasions between August 2014 and October 28 last year.
Judge Lady Stacey deferred sentence on the accused until April 1 for background reports to be carried out, but told him he would be given a lengthy custodial sentence.