Ross County have been the busy boys of today’s transfer world, completing the signings of three new players, including a new club captain, however they are not the only ones making moves today.
Motherwell and Livingston have also strengthened, while Rangers are closing in on another two players and Celtic have had a bid rejected for one of their top summer targets.
Then there is the news from south of the border where Liverpool could add another three players and Christian Benteke is an awfully popular man.
Here’s a quick round up…
- Celtic are trying to sign a third Dundee United player in under six months.
The Hoops signed Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong from the Tangerines in January and have now bid £900,000 for Nadir Cifti.
United have rejected the bid with Middlesbrough expected to table a £1.7million offer. (Sky Sports)
- After signing central defenders Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan, Rangers are now looking to further strengthen their defensive unit with the addition of goalkeeper Wes Foderingham.
The 24-year-old former England youth international started his career at Fulham but left Swindon Town at the end of last season after making over 150 appearances for the club. (Daily Mail)
- Rangers are looking to sign a third central defender of the summer in the shape of Scotland under-18 international Tom Lang, who left Birmingham City at the end of last season. (Herald)
- Hearts are looking to sign two defenders before the season starts. The Jambos have signed centre-back Blazej Augustyn and strikers Gavin Reilly and Juanma Delgado this summer and boss Robbie Neilson now wants a left back and another centre back to complete his squad. (Edinburgh Evening News)
- Hearts will demand a development fee from any club that signs midfielder Jason Holt but, according to Robbie Neilson, Jambos won’t be looking for “silly money”.
Rangers have been linked with a move for the youngster. (Scotsman)
- Former Falkirk man Pedro Moutinho, 35, is looking to return to the second tier of Scottish football and is currently on trial at Dumbarton.
Latest completed SPFL deals
- Livingston have signed former Aberdeen youngster Kieran Gibbons.
- Motherwell have completed the signing of Louis Laing after the defender impressed on loan last season.
- Ross County have completed three signings today, with Ricky Foster, Chris Robertson and Andrew Davies all joining the Dingwall side.
- Former Ross County striker Jake Jervis has joined former Ross County manager Derek Adams at Plymouth Argyle.
- Former Aberdeen loanee Donervon Daniels has joined Wigan Athletic on a three-year deal.
- Motherwell have completed the signing of 23-year-old former Wrexham striker Louis Moult
— Motherwell FC (@MotherwellFC) June 30, 2015
And down south…
- Manchester City may make a move for young Brazilian Monaco right-back Fabinho, who is valued at £15m. (Daily Mail)
- Tottenham could kill two birds with one stone by shipping out Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor to Aston Villa as part of a deal to sign Christian Benteke. (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool are also looking to offer a player as part of a deal to sign Benteke. The Reds will offer Fabio Borini’s services as part of a deal to sign the Belgian, however, West Ham are also keen on signing Borini. (Independent)
- Liverpool have already brought in five players this summer, however, the club have no plans of stopping there – Brendan Rogers is close to signing another three players – Nathaniel Clyne, Barcelona’s 16-year-old Dutch winger Bobby Adekanye and left-back Ludwig Augustinsson, 21, from Copenhagen. (Daily Star)
- Chelsea have made a £6m bid for Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic after selling second choice keeper Petr Cech to Arsenal. (Telegraph)
- Arsenal are considering a move for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho, 23. (London Evening Standard)