It’s been another busy transfer window day in the SPFL.
Rangers have suffered a major transfer setback, Dundee have strengthened their attack and Mickael Antoine-Curier has joined his 22nd club – pretty impressive going for a 32-year-old.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Celtic will not be selling midfielder Stefan Johansen despite reported interest from Aston Villa, according to Hoops boss Ronny Deila. (Various)
- Italian Serie B side Pro Vercelli are considering a move for Hibs’ Congolese striker Dominique Malonga. (Tutto)
- Kevin Thomson is expected to re-join Hibs today in a player/coach role. (Evening Telegraph)
- Romanian central defender Andrei Cordos has joined Dundee United on trial. (Daily Express)
- Former Caley Thistle forward Edward Ofere has been released by Turkish side Boluspor, sparking rumours of a potential return to the Highlands. (Scottish Sun)
- Yesterday it was reported Bournemouth were considering a £400,000 bid for Motherwell winger Marvin Johnson. Today it has emerged the Well will be looking for £1million for the 25-year-old. (Daily Mail)
- Hearts are set to make a decision on whether or not to retain the services of Ghanian trialist Alfred Hammond who has spent the last week in Edinburgh.
- Premier League side Swansea are the latest club to be linked with Blackburn’s Scottish striker Jordan Rhodes, 25.
Middlesbrough have also been linked with the striker, who is expected to cost over £10million. (Mirror)
Latest done deals
- Rangers target Toumani Digarouaga has signed for English Championship side Leeds United.
- Dundee have completed the loan signing of forward Arturo Juan Rodriguez Perez-Reverte, 26, from Córdoba.
- Rotherham have signed former Scotland and Rangers winger Chris Burke on loan from Nottingham Forest until the end of the season.
- Striker Mickael Antoine-Curier, 32, has signed for Belgian side Royale Union Saint-Gilloise following his release from Dunfermline.
- East Fife have signed highly rated youngster Alistair Coote, 17, from Dundee United.
NEW SIGNING | We are delighted to welcome Alistair Coote to Bayview Stadium, on loan from @dundeeunitedfc until June 2016
— East Fife FC (@EastFifeFC) January 22, 2016
- Dundee United have completed the signing of Kyle Knoyle on loan from West Ham United until the end of the season.
- Freed Dundee United youngster Aidan Connolly, 20, has joined Raith Rovers until the end of the season.
- Dunfermline have signed former Dundee United youngster Evan Horne, 17.
- Former Celtic striker Gary Hooper has signed a three and a half year deal with Sheffield Wednesday.
- Manchester United are unlikely to pursue any transfer deals in January owing to the uncertainty over Louis Van Gaal’s future. The manager is reported to be contemplating walking away from Old Trafford in the summer and it is reported that all potential incomings have been put on hold. (Daily Mirror)
- Branislav Ivanovic has signed a one-year contract extension at Chelsea reportedly worth £120,000 a week. (Daily Express)
- Newcastle are ready to walk away from a deal for Andros Townsend. The Magpies will reportedly look elsewhere after failing to match Tottenham’s £14million valuation for the winger. (The Guardian)
- Fernando Torres is on the brink of becoming the highest paid player in the world as eight clubs chase his signature. The former Liverpool and Chelsea striker is on loan at Atletico Madrid from AC Milan but his agent has revealed he is a wanted man. (The Sun)
- Stuart Pearce has cooled speculation linking him to the Bristol City job. The former Manchester City and England Under-21 boss told has said that he has not spoken to the Championship club despite being a heavy favourite. (talkSPORT)