Ross County manager Stuart Kettlewell is refusing to rule out bringing in another attacking option following the departure of Lee Erwin to St Mirren.
Erwin left to join the Buddies last week, after indicating he wanted to return to the central belt following his 12-month stint in Dingwall.
County have also allowed midfielder Joe Chalmers to depart, with the former Caley Thistle player completing a switch to Championship side Ayr United on a two-year deal yesterday.
Chalmers had not played for the Staggies since January due to an ankle injury, having netted three goals in 20 appearances following his switch over the Kessock Bridge last summer.
Although Kettlewell is pleased with the squad at his disposal, he says the departure of Erwin could prompt him to sign another forward.
Kettlewell said: “It maybe changes the situation slightly and it may well have us looking at an attacking option.
“I’m not desperate to do so, I trust the guys I’ve got, but if the right thing comes up then we might have a look at it.”
Kettlewell says allowing 26-year-old Erwin to depart was the best move for all parties, adding: “I have said all along I was happy with my squad. But everyone needs to want to be here. I don’t want to work with guys and feel as if I’m doing them a favour to have them at the club.
“It’s important that everyone I have here desperately wants to play for Ross County. There’s personal situations in this as well. Lee felt he had to go back down the road for family reasons which we can’t fight at Ross County – as soon as someone says that to you then it’s a difficult one.
“We are not based in the central belt where you go home every night to your family. We have to deal with those situations.”
Kettlewell confirmed there have been no fresh bids for attacker Ross Stewart, who has attracted interest from a number of clubs throughout the summer.
English Championship side Rotherham United are believed to have made contact with the Staggies, while Sheffield Wednesday, Fleetwood Town and Shrewsbury Town also linked with a move for the 24-year-old.
Kettlewell added: “There is no change in the situation – nothing else through to this point. We just proceed.
“Ross had a couple of good chances against Celtic at the weekend and I thought he performed well. His eye has not been taken off the ball. If I had any reservations I would not pick him.”