It is very rare that we get the chance to mention a Real Madrid youngster in an article devoted to Scottish transfer news but today we’re discussing two of them!
Reports in Italy earlier in the week suggested Madrid youngster Martin Ødegaard was Parkhead bound, meanwhile our own Madrid interest, Scotsman Jack Harper, faces a huge week with the club.
Outside of Madrid, Gary McAllister could be returning to the English Premier League and a number of Scottish clubs are trying to strengthen.
Here’s a look at today’s top transfer news…
- Despite reports from Italy that Martin Ødegaard had agreed to join Celtic, Spanish TV pundit Petter Veland insists the 16-year-old will be sent to a club in Spain on loan.
Veland told Norwegian media that: “The Celtic rumour has been ebbed out completely in the Spanish media.
“It does not mean that they are without substance, but I know Real Madrid – and if you listen to experts down here, they say the club want him to remain in Spain.” (TV2)
- Talking of talented kids from Real Mardid… Youngster Jack Harper will discover by the end of this week whether or not he has a future at the club.
The Spanish giants have opted to dissolve their ‘C’ team and Harper, 19, is now too old to continue playing youth football.
Harper now must wait to find out from Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane whether or not he will be asked to step up to the club’s reserve team, Castilla.
- Former Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton could earn a move to the Scottish Premiership as St Johnstone look to replace the injured Murray Davidson.
Hutton had been in talks with Plymouth but may now head to Perth for a trial spell alongside former Rangers midfielder Rhys McCabe and former Dundee player Jim McAlister who are also training with with Tommy Wright’s side.
- Rangers boss Mark Warburton is keen to bring a number of young players, including Harry Winks and Ryan Frederick, in on loan from English Premier League side Tottenham and will open talks with the London club this weekend. (Daily Record)
- Celtic face competition from Chicago Fire and Hull City in their attempts to sign Polish forward Lukasz Gikiewicz, 27.
The striker has previously played for Wigry Suwałki, Unia Janikowo, ŁKS Łódź, Śląsk Wrocław and AEL Limassol but is now a free agent after leaving Levski Sofia. (Hull Daily Mail)
- Mickael Antoine-Curier has left Burton Albion and is keen on a return to Scotland.
English League One club Port Vale are keen on signing the forward but the former Hamilton, Hibs and Dundee man is keen to secure a move back to Scotland.
- St Johnstone are considering a move for Linfield winger Ross Clarke.
Sheffield United and Swindon Town are both also reportedly keen on signing the wide man. (HITC)
- Former Scotland midfielder Gary McAllister is set to join former club Liverpool in a coaching role. (BBC Sport)
- Former Celtic loanee John Guidetti seems to have been linked with half of the clubs in Europe – today’s reports suggest he could be heading to Turkey to sign for Galatasaray.
Latest completed deals
- Celtic have completed the signing of Nadir Ciftci. The former Dundee United man has joined in a £1.5million deal, has signed for four years and will wear the club’s number seven jersey.
- Russell Latapy has left his post as Inverness Caley Thistle assistant manager.
- Kilmarnock have signed former Hearts striker Dale Carrick on a two year deal and confirmed the signing of Celtic defender Stuart Findlay on a season-long loan.
And down south…
- Fenerbahce have confirmed talks are under way with Man Utd regarding the transfer of Robin van Persie.
- Stoke City midfielder Steven Nzonzi has joined La Liga side Sevilla for a club record £7m.
- West Ham are close to completing the £10million signing of Italy centre-back Angelo Ogbonna from Juventus.
- Former Manchester City defender Micah Richards, 27, turned down Inter Milan to join Aston Villa. (Yahoo Eurosport)
- A number of teams in Spain are interested in Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado who is keen to leave this summer to play more regular football. (Guardian)
- Southampton believe they are owed at least £2m from Atletico Madrid following the sale of defender Toby Alderweireld to Tottenham despite the Saints having an option to buy him. (Daily Star)
- Bournemouth are closing in on the £6m signing of St-Etienne’s 27-year-old winger Max Gradel. (Daily Mirror)