Hearts are on the verge of completing the signing of a man who controlled Leo Messi at the World Cup, meanwhile one of the Tynecastle club’s former players could be off to Rangers and Celtic’s bid to sign Martin Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid is still alive.
Meanwhile, down south, Manchester United have spent £40million signing a new Schmidfield.
Here’s a look at the latest transfer news…
- Hearts are set to complete the signing of Nigeria international left-back Juwon Oshaniwa this week.
The defender played for Nigeria at last year’s World Cup, including facing Leo Messi and Co when his country took on Argentina, and was previously a target for Celtic. (Sun)
- Trialist midfielders Liam Craig and Rhys McCabe may both join St Johnstone after impressing in the club’s 0-0 friendly draw against Real Sociedad. (The Herald)
- Former Hearts midfielder Jason Holt could be heading back to the SPFL Championship after joining Rangers on trial.
The 22-year-old started training with the Ibrox club this morning in a bid to win a contract after leaving Hearts. (STV)
- Real Madrid youngster Martin Odegaard will spend pre-season training with the Real Madrid first team, however, the Norwegian youngster’s agent Tore Pederson insists that doesn’t spell the end of Celtic’s hopes of a loan move.
Hoops boss Ronny Deila, who Odegaard played under at Stromsgodset, has made a loan offer for the player and Pederson has told Norwegian broadcaster TV2: “A loan is still relevant.” (InsideFutbol)
- Controversial former Rangers defender Bilel Mohsni could be heading to Bundesliga side Eintracht Braunschweig. (Glasgow Evening Times)
- Las Palmas are looking to sign Celtic striker Stefan Scepovic on loan following their promotion to La Liga. (Gran Canaria TV)
- Owen Coyle is looking to convince former St Mirren midfielder John McGinn to join him at Houston Dynamo. (Daily Record)
- Motherwell are looking to sign former Manchester City and England central defender Kieran Kennedy. (HITC)
- After impressing for Sporting Lisbon’s B team this season, former Dundee United midfielder Ryan Gauld, 19, is set to be promoted to the senior squad at the Portuguese giants this season. (Sun)
- Cardiff City are looking to sign Scotland attacker Johnny Russell and will offer Derby Couty £1million for his services. (Sun)
- Former Celtic defender Darren O’Dea looks set to sign for Mumbai City. (Sun)
Latest done deals
- Former Livingston defender Coll Donaldson has joined Dundee United after he was released by QPR.
- Hamilton Accies have been busy today – completing four new signings.
German attacking midfielder Gramoz Kurtaj, 24, joins on a 2 year deal from Czech club Banik Most. Latvian international left back Antons Kurakins, 25, from Ventspils, also signs on a two 2 year deal. 30-year-old French striker Christian Nade has also joined, on a one year deal, while Norwich City striker Carlton Morris, 19, has signed on a one year loan deal.
The four players join fellow Accies signings Chris Turner and Alan Martin.
— chris turner (@ChrisTurns18) July 13, 2015
- Airdrie have completed the loan signing of Czech midfielder Nicolas Šumský, 21, from Hamilton Accies.
- Aberdeen youngster Craig Murray, who enjoyed a successful loan spell with Ayr United last season, has signed for East Fife.
- Livingston have signed Bulgarian midfielder Spas Georgiev on a two year deal. The 23-year old has previously played for Slavia Sofia, Montana and Dobrudzha Dobrich.
- Brechin have made a triple signing with three young players all joining Darren Dodds’ squad. Former Forfar midfielder James Dale and ex-Dundee and Dundee United forwards Kevin Buchan and Jamie have all signed.
And down south…
- Man United have been busy strengthening their midfield today – Bastian Schweinsteiger has joined from Bayern Munich on three-year deal, while Morgan Schneiderlin has arrived at Old Trafford from Southampton on four-year deal.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 13, 2015
- Southampton hope to sign Jordy Clasie, 24, to replace Morgan Schneiderlin who has joined Manchester United. (Sun)
- Manchester City are also looking to strengthen their midfield but the bid to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has hit a stumbling block over the French international’s image rights. (Daily Star)
- Paris St-Germain have confirmed they want to sign winger Angel Di Maria from Manchester United. (L’Equipe – in French)
- Chelsea want to sign Pedro, 27, from Barcelona and the Stamford Bridge club are willing to meet the Spain international’s £22m buyout clause. (Sport – in Spanish)
- Tottenham midfielder Benjamin Stambouli is set to sign for Watford in a £4million deal. (Mirror)
- West Brom are willing to pay £10million for Scotland international winger Matt Phillips. (Mirror)
- Victor Valdes’ agent has played down reports linking the Spanish goalkeeper to Turkish side Antalyaspor – insisting Valdes is determined to stay at United. (AS)