Man in hospital after Castletown fire By Jane Candlish January 22 2015, 12.00pm Share Man in hospital after Castletown fire Share via Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Messenger Linkedin Email Post link https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands-islands/466437/man-in-hospital-after-castletown-fire/ Copy Link Fire crews A man was taken to hospital in Wick last night after a fire in his Castletown home. Two crews from Thurso were sent to the village’s main street shortly before 10.40pm. A spokeswoman for the fire service said that the living room of the detached bungalow was 100% damaged, with further fire damage to carpet and floors within the property. Firefighters used breathing apparatus to get waster on to the blaze. Police said that the occupant was taken to Caithness General Hospital, adding that his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening. It is understood that he is being treated for smoke inhalation. A police spokesman said that the fire was not being treated as suspicious.