Rangers have completed their first two signings of the summer, Hearts have signed a promising young striker and a number of other clubs are making moves to strengthen their squads – all round it has been a rather busy Tuesday so far!
Celtic have also received a double boost with clubs dropping out of the race to sign both their defender Virgil van Dijk and their signing target Jelle Vossen.
Meanwhile down south, the Raheem Sterling transfer saga rumbles on and Sunderland and Newcastle go to war over Dutch midfielder.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer tales…
- Rangers are closing in on a third signing of the week. Having already added Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan to strengthen the Gers defence, John Eustace has now arrived in Glasgow for signing talks. (BBC)
- Hearts completed the signing of Gavin Reilly today and could soon be adding another striker with Spaniard Juanma Delgado due in Edinburgh for talks.
The 24-year-old was with Greek club Kalloni last season but is reportedly now available to sign for the Jambos. (Edinburgh Evening News)
- After weeks of more and more clubs registering an interest in Virgil van Dijk, it appears a number of clubs are now pulling out due to Celtic’s £8 million price tag.
Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham have reportedly been put off but Sunderland are still interested in Celtic’s star man, while Norwich are also believed to be interested. (London 24)
- Genk defender Kara Mbodj could replace van Dijk at Parkhead should the Dutchman leave. Celtic are reportedly interested in making a bid for the 25-year old but face competition from West Ham. (Daily Mail)
- Sticking with the Celtic defence theme… Former Celts loanee Jason Denayer has been linked with a move to Lyon next season but is likely to remain at Manchester City. (Daily Mail)
- Celtic have received a boost in their bid to sign Genk striker Jelle Vossen with Middlesbrough, who the forward spent last season on loan at, pulling out of the race for his signature. (Northern Echo)
Latest done deals in the SPFL
- Mark Warburton has made his first two signings as Rangers manager with defenders Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan joining the Ibrox club.
- Hearts have completed the signing of former Queen of the South forward Gavin Reilly.
Robbie Neilson welcomes Gavin Reilly to Tynecastle. pic.twitter.com/PIteTsoBJB
— Heart of Midlothian (@JamTarts) June 23, 2015
- Polish defender Jaroslaw Fojut has signed for Pogon Szczecin in his homeland after leaving Dundee United.
- Raith Rovers have signed Dundee forward Craig Wighton on loan in a six-month deal.
- Danny Lennon has strengthened his Alloa squad with a triple signing in the shape of Kyle McAusland, Burton O’Brien and Dougie Hill.
- Mark Burchill has continued building his Livingston squad with attacker Myles Hippolyte signing a new one year deal.
- Former Raith Rovers defender Andrew Munro has signed for Arbroath.
And down south…
- Sunderland boss Dick Advocaat is looking to beat north east rivals Newcastle to the signing of PSV Eindhoven midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum but may have to break Sunderland’s transfer fee record to sign the 24-year-old. (Daily Mirror)
- Barcelona midfielder Gerard Deulofeu, 21, is on the verge of a return to Everton and is currently in Liverpool holding talks with the Goodison Park club. (Liverpool Echo)
- Liverpool are expecting a third bid from Manchester City for Raheem Sterling as the Anfield club hold out for £50million for the 20-year-old. (Liverpool Echo)
- Swansea look set to sell Spanish attacking midfielder Michu, 29, for just £4million. (Daily Star)
- Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, who spent last season on loan at Real Madrid, could join city rivals Atletico Madrid. (Talksport)
- Fenerbahce are closing in on the £7million signing of Manchester United winger Nani. (Daily Mail)
- Papiss Cisse looks like he is heading for the St James’ Park exit after a number of Premier League clubs enquired about his availability. Newcastle could replace him with Marseille’s Florian Thauvin, 22. (Newcastle Chronicle)