Here we go, another day brings another raft of signings, rumours, questions and even the odd answer.
Could the potential blow which will be the loss of Virgil van Dijk be softened by the return to Parkhead of a Celtic hero? Will John Eustace be joining Rangers despite returning south of the border? Does Hearts’ potential new signing perform as well on football pitches as he does on escalators?
As well as plenty of questions we now have an answer to Nick Ross’ future, while we have plenty of fresh rumours from England.
- Almost half of the English Premier League have now been linked with a move for Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk but could Norwich jump to the front of the queue by offering former Hoops forward Gary Hooper as part of the deal?
Reports today suggest the Canaries could add the Celtic fans favourite into any deal for the £8million rated defender.
Bolton, Huddersfield, Brighton and Cardiff have also been linked with moves for Hooper who Alex Neil will allow to leave following Norwich’s promotion to the Premier League. (Scunthorpe Telegraph)
- Celtic are reportedly close to completing a deal for another striker with talks at an advanced stage to add Genk forward Jelle Vossen to the Parkhead squad.
The Belgian international was on loan at Middlesbrough last season but is now close to joining Celtic in a deal for around £2million. (Express)
- Celtic are continuing in their pursuit of St Pauli left-back Marcel Halstenberg but face competition from Hannover and Red Bull Leipzig for his signature. (Daily Record)
- While Ronny Deila is trying to reinforce his Celtic squad, a former Hoops manager is looking to return to Parkhead to pinch one of his former charges.
Bolton boss Neil Lennon wants winger James Forrest to help fire the Trotters to promotion from the Championship to the English Premier League next season. (Daily Mail)
- Talks remain ongoing between Rangers and midfielder John Eustace despite the 35-year-old returning south.
The midfielder was in Glasgow yesterday for talks with Gers boss Mark Warburton about joining the Ibrox club and potentially even captaining the team. (STV)
- Spanish striker Juanma Delgado looks set to join Hearts after securing his release from Greek side Kalloni.
The 24 year-old 6ft 2″ striker tweeted to tell the world how excited he was about joining the Jambos. (Scotsman)
— Juanma Delgado (@juanmadelgado9) June 23, 2015
- MK Dons have been linked with a loan move for former Celtic youngster and Scotland youth international Islam Feruz who spent loan spells at Blackpool and OFI Crete last season.
The 19-year-old is also apparently being chased by both QPR and Burnley and although he is highly rated questions remain over his attitude. (Daily Mail)
Latest completed SPFL deals
- Dundee have signed former Caley Thistle midfielder Nick Ross on a two year deal.
- Defender Liam Fontaine has signed a new two-year deal with Hibs.
- Stenhousemuir have signed striker Allan Smith after he was released by Dunfermline.
- Montrose have signed former Dundee United midfielder Greg Cameron permanently after his loan spell from Brechin last season.
- New Cowdenbeath manager Colin Nish has completed the signing of midfielder Jack Beaumont from Livingston.
- East Stirling have signed midfielder Kris Faulds.
And down south…
- Barcelona are considering a bid for Manchester United’s former Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria. (Spanish newspaper, Sport)
- Sunderland have offered over £11million for PSV Eindhovenmidfielder Georginio Wijnaldum in a bid to beat Newcastle to his signature. (Guardian)
- Demba Ba has told current club Besiktas that he wants to return to England and that could open the door for a move to West Bromwich Albion who are willing make the striker their top earner. (Birmingham Mail)
- Newcastle lead the race to sign QPR’s England striker Charlie Austin. £14m. The 25-year-old, valued at £14, is also being chased by Southampton, Chelsea and West Ham. (Daily Express)
- Stoke City are expecting Chelsea to launch a bid for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic to replace Petr Cech but Stoke will be looking for Victor Moses to be included in any deal.(Daily Telegraph)
- Newcastle United and Stoke City are competing for the signature of 25-year-old Ukraine international winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, who is available on a free after his contract at Dnipro expired. (Daily Mirror)