It is all systems go in Scottish football – Rangers are on the verge of announcing two new signings, Celtic are looking for a new left back, Dundee United have signed themselves a new striker and Kilmarnock have a new captain.
As always, south of the border we have plenty of rumours and Manchester United are at the centre of a fair few of them.
Here’s a quick look at today’s top transfer stories…
- Celtic will increase their efforts to sign a new left back this week with St Pauli’s former Borussia Dortmund defender, Marcel Halstenberg, 23, one of the club’s top targets.
Celtic assistant John Collins and coach John Kennedy both missed the team’s 4-1 win in Spain against Eibar in order to carry out scouting missions. (The Sun)
- Wigan duo James Tavernier and Martyn Waghorn are in Glasgow to complete medicals ahead of moves from Wigan.
Rangers will pay around £400,000 for 23-year-old defender Tavernier and 25-year-old striker Waghorn. (Evening Times)
- Former Aberdeen winger Andrew Driver, 27, is on the verge of signing for Dutch side De Graafschap after impressing on trial. (de Gelderlander)
- Goalkeeper Craig Samson, 31, is set to quit Kilmarnock after he was replaced in the Rugby Park starting 11 by recent signing from Falkirk, Jamie MacDonald.
Motherwell could make a move for the keeper. (Daily Express)
- Scott McDonald could be set to move to a Chinese Super League club after he was presented with a lucrative offer. The Australian striker played a crucial role in helping the Steelmen beat the drop last season and Motherwell had been hoping to extend his stay at Fir Park but it looks like the 31-year-old striker will be on the move. (The Sun)
Latest completed deals
- Dundee United have signed 26-year-old Austrian striker Darko Bodul on a two-year deal.
- Former Hearts, Alloa Athletic and Raith Rovers striker Calum Elliot has been forced to retire after undergoing a fourth operation on a knee injury at the age of 28.
- Partick Thistle have completed the signing of defender Gary Miller on a one-year deal after he left St Johnstone at the end of the season.
- The Scottish Professional Football League has agreed a £500,000 deal to show live matches on mainstream television in China for the first time.
The three year deal with Letv Sports will see 55 Premiership matches shown across TV, online and mobile.
- Former Raith Rovers midfielder Martin Scott has joined former Falkirk striker Darryl Duffy at Indian I-League club Salgaocar, after leaving the Kirkcaldy side.
- Kilmarnock have named defender Mark Connolly, 23, as the club’s new captain.
- Striker Amido Balde has joined French club Metz after failing to make an impact at Celtic.
And down south…
- Despite interest from Juventus, Liverpool and Manchester United, Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola wants to keep Mario Gotze, 23. (Daily Express)
- Turkish side Fenerbahce are looking to sign Tottenham’s Aaron Lennon, the winger would be the club’s third Premier League signing of the summer after adding Robin van Persie and Nani from Manchester United. (The Sun)
- Angel Di Maria is keen to leave Manchester United and join Paris St-Germain, but United are looking for £52m for the 27-year-old. (L’Equipe)
- The Old Traffford club could replace Di Maria with Barcelona’s 27-year-old, Pedro. (Daily Mirror)
- Newcastle are close to completing two signings from Anderlecht with striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, 20, to join for £13.5m and defender Chancel Mbemba, also 20, for £7.5m.(Daily Mail)
- Stoke are considering a £15m offer for Dynamo Kiev winger Andriy Yarmolenko, 25. (Stoke Sentinel)
- West Ham, Bournemouth, Leicester and Newcastle are all looking to sign QPR striker Charlie Austin, 26. (Daily Star)
- Arsenal may bid for Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko, 29. (Daily Star)