It may be Friday, we may be starting to plan for the weekend but clubs across the SPFL are only focussed on planning for the new season.
Rangers have signed a new goalkeeper and are on the verge of another signing, Celtic look like they have missed out on the most highly rated 16-year-old in world football and there is plenty more movement across the SPFL.
Here’s a quick look at all of today’s top transfer stories…
- Midfielder John Eustace has returned to Scotland for further contract talks and is expected to sign a one-year deal with Rangers within the next 24 hours.
- Celtic’s hopes of landing Real Madrid youngster Martin Odegaard look set to be dashed with the midfielder now looking likely to head to Getafe on loan next season.
Celtic boss Ronny Deila had hoped to be re-united with former Stromsgodset midfielder but Madrid are keen for him to remain in Spain. (Daily Mail)
- Celtic full-back Adam Matthews is on the verge of completing a move to Sunderland after the two clubs agreed a fee of roughly £2million. (Press and Journal)
- Celtic have made another bid for Nadir Ciftci, however Dundee United have, once again, rejected their offer.
United had agreed a fee, believed to be around £1.5million with Wigan Athletic for the striker, however, he is not keen on a move to the English League One club. (Daily Record)
- Dale Carrick and Scott Gallacher could both be heading for the exit at Tynecastle. The young Hearts duo did not travel with the squad to their training camp in Ireland and may move on to secure regular first team football. (Evening News)
- Swiss goalkeeper Sascha Studer has joined Hibs on trial as Alan Stubbs looks to add another keeper to challenge Mark Oxley. (Evening News)
- Despite extending his contract with Fujairah, former Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra still hopes to re-join the Ibrox club and believes he could do so “maybe next year”. (Gulf News)
- Released Rangers captain Lee McCulloch, who has been offered a deal at Kilmarnock, could return to Rangers in a coaching capacity. (Scottish Express)
- Freed Motherwell striker Bob McHugh could sign a deal with Falkirk after joining the Bairns on trial.
- Former Ross County defender Steve Saunders is also hoping to secure a move following a trial – the defender has joined St Mirren on trial.
Latest completed SPFL deals
- St Mirren have signed 18-year-old Celtic forward Paul McMullan on a season long loan.
- Celtic striker Holmbert Fridjonsson has left the club on a free and joined Icelandic side KR Reykjavik.
- Livingston have made a double signing with Ben Gordon joining from Alloa and Ross Millen signing from Dunfermline.
- Rangers have completed the signing of goalkeeper Wes Foderingham on a three year deal with an option for a fourth year.
And down south…
- Manchester United have made a bid for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, believed to be around £25million. (Manchester Evening News)
- Leicester City have had a £12million bid for QPR striker Charlie Austin rejected. (Sky Sports)
- Chelsea look likely to miss out on target Antonio Rudiger with the Stuttgart defender keen to join Wolfsburg. (Kicker)
- Former Liverpool right-back Glen Johnson has turned down a move to Turkish outfit Besiktas after his release from Liverpool. (Sun)
- As well as the £8million on offer Stoke also want winger Victor Moses, Patrick Bamford or Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea in exchange for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 28. (Sun)
- Manchester United will offer Everton Jonny Evans as part of a deal to sign right-back Seamus Coleman. (Daily Star)
- Tottenham are considering a move for Everton midfielder James McCarthy and would be willing to offer Aaron Lennon or Younes Kaboul as part of the deal. (Daily Mail)