The perfect combination of avocado, mushrooms and scrambled egg – you’ll be having this breakfast taco every morning.
Brunch need not be a chore, especially not with these delicious breakfast tacos, courtesy of eggrecipes.co.uk
Easy to make and difficult to resist, you’ll be having breakfast tacos every morning.
For more brunch box ideas, take a look at our previous recipes here.
- 50g butter, plus a knob for the mushrooms
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp double cream or milk
- 100g small mushrooms, cleaned
- 6 tbsp soured cream
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 4 tbsp crispy fried shallots or onions
- 1 quantity green sauce
- 1 quantity tacos (or use 8 small store-bought corn tortillas)
For the tacos:
- 75g fine cornmeal (or masa harina)
- 75g plain flour
- 100ml water
- Pinch of salt
For the green sauce:
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Heat a cast iron frying pan or griddle pan until hot. Mix the taco ingredients together to form a firm but pliable dough. Roll the dough on to a lightly floured sheet of baking parchment until 3mm thick.
- Cut out discs with a 9-10cm pastry cutter. Brush each with oil and cook on both sides in the hot pan for one minute until they turn a deep golden colour. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
- For the eggs, heat a saucepan on a low heat and add the butter. In a bowl, beat eggs and cream. Add the egg mixture to the butter and cook gently, stirring until just cooked but still loose.
- Season and take off the heat. In a frying pan, cook the mushrooms in a knob of butter over a high heat and season to taste.
- Pound the garlic and the coriander into a paste in a pestle and mortar, then add the lime juice and mix well. Load the taco up with a little egg, some mushrooms and avocado and top with soured cream, green sauce and crispy shallots.
Recipe from eggrecipes.co.uk
More in this series…