For those who haven’t read Rhonda Byrne’s worldwide best-seller, The Secret, the Law of Attraction offers a compelling way to instigate changes in your life through manifestation and self belief. Emma Mumford explains how to make manifesting easy, drawing from her own positive experience
It has sold over 30 million copies worldwide so far, Oprah Winfrey has lauded it as a contributor to her success and it has made its author, Rhonda Byrne, a millionaire: it has been 12 years since The Secret was first published and it’s still credited with bringing about profound changes in people’s lives.
The Law of Attraction is a concept that says ‘like attracts like’: a bit like karma, where whatever you put out into the world is what you’re going to attract back. Whatever we can see in our mind’s eye we can hold in our hands, we we can attract anything we put our mind to – as long as it’s for our highest good.
There are three steps to the Law of Attraction but I believe there deserves to be five steps to help us understand how it works in more detail. Here are my secrets:
- Ask. The first and most important step is to ask the Universe, God, Source, Divine – whatever you connect with – for your desire. Be specific and know exactly what it is you want. You can manifest emotions, answers and guidance galore! Simply say what it is out loud: ‘Universe, I want to manifest my monthly salary increasing’, for example. At the end I like to add, ‘And so it is.’ You only need to ask once for a manifestation, so whether you keep a goals list, say it verbally, write it down as an affirmation or put it on a vision board, these ‘asks’ all count.
- Believe. Know that your desire will manifest at the perfect time. The Universe has set a timeline for you, and all will manifest at the exact right time. Enjoy that process – it’s no fun if you get everything at once. If you find it hard to believe that your desire can be yours, ask for a sign that your desire has been heard.
- Let go. This is an extra step I’ve added that most basic Law of Attraction methods skip – however, I believe it is one of the most vital. It might seem confusing that you should ask for your desire and then forget all about it, but if you want, need, obsess over your desire, then you’re putting out a lack vibe, and just like karma that’s what you’re going to attract back. Believe it will manifest on its own, be grateful for what you have now and surrender to the outcome.
- Trust. Another important step which I’ve added into the manifestation process. Once you’ve let go, there will be a period where you’re waiting for your manifestation to appear. So, act as if you already have your desire. If you wanted to manifest your dream partner, then date yourself, commit to yourself, take inspired action and become love. If you had your dream partner you would be relaxed, feel loved and get on with your life. You wouldn’t be sitting at home waiting for a text or feel miserable. Connect to the feelings you would have if your desire was realised, and live them now.
- Receive. Now let the partying begin. You may receive signs, numbers or even intuitive feelings that your manifestation is on the way. I often sense something the day before it happens. If you do, relax! Honour your journey, thank the Universe and be grateful that your desire was brought to you.
This article is published in the January 2019 issue of Soul & Spirit, which also contains a pack of 60 affirmation cards and further instruction to help manifest the Law of Attraction. For more articles like this, go to soulandspiritmagazine.com