No charges will be brought against the driver of a car who killed a pregnant mother-of-one on a major dual-carriageway road just yards from her Aberdeen home.
Stephanie Charles was struck by a vehicle on the southbound carriageway of the busy A90 Aberdeen-Dundee road after going out to a local shop to get food in November last year.
The 33-year-old died at the scene of the accident near Nigg Way in the Kincorth area of Aberdeen.
She was five months pregnant at the time.
Last night a member of her family said they hoped to put the incident behind them, calling it a “horrible accident”.
A family statement said they accepted the decision of the Crown Office.
She said: “What’s done is done and there is nothing that can bring her back. We hope this is an end to it all.”
The driver and passengers in the grey Audi RS3 were not hurt in the accident, around 7.10pm on Saturday, November 1.
The busy road runs parallel to Kincorth and leads out of the city towards Portlethen.
It was closed for six hours while investigations were carried out.
Ms Charles is also survived by her ten-year-old daughter and partner Mark Robertson, of Gardener Crescent.
After her death Mr Robertson said she had been on her way to a local shop to buy groceries when the tragedy happened.
Ms Charles grew up in Kincorth and also has three sisters and a brother.
A Crown office spokesman said the family had been informed of their investigation.
He said: “The Procurator Fiscal received a report in connection with the death of a 33-year-old woman after an incident on the A90 on November 1, 2014.
“The investigation into the death, under the direction of Scottish Fatalities Investigation Unit (SFIU), has now concluded.
“The nearest relatives have been advised of the results of our investigation.”