Police arrest man after ‘quiet but kind’ Carol stabbed to death in Aberdeen

Police and forensics officers at the property in Clifton Road, Aberdeen. Photograph by Heather Fowlie
Police and forensics officers at the property in Clifton Road, Aberdeen. Photograph by Heather Fowlie

An investigation has been launched after a “quiet but kind” woman was stabbed to death in her own home.

The 59-year-old, named locally as Carol Milne, died at a property on Clifton Road in Aberdeen early yesterday.

Emergency services were called to the address around 4.30am.

Police confirmed a man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Throughout the day, forensic officers could be seen entering and leaving the property while police officers carried out door-to-door inquiries.

Officers were also spotted searching bins and bushes on the neighbouring streets, and Stewart Park was cordoned off as part of the investigation.

Mrs Milne, who is believed to originally be from Keith, worked at Marks & Spencer.

It is understood a concerned colleague had gone to the house after the mother-of-two failed to turn up for work.

© Supplied
Carol Milne

Neighbour Wendy Munro said Mrs Milne was a quiet but friendly person.

She said: “Carol was a very quiet neighbour but very kind.

“She kept herself to herself but always smiled and such when she saw you in the street.”

Fellow neighbour Bill Davidson echoed that Mrs Milne had been “quiet” but “friendly.”

The retired stonemason said: “It was shocking to have this happen on my doorstep, I was taking my bins out in the morning and saw the road had been cordoned off.

“Carol was very private, but would work in the garden and had lived on Clifton Road with her husband for a number of years.

“She worked at Marks & Spencer, and this morning a woman came to the house because she was concerned that she hadn’t turned up for work – that was apparently very unlike her.”

Detective Inspector Gary Winter, of the major investigation team, assured locals there was no threat to the wider community.

He said: “Inquiries are ongoing and at a very early stage.

“I would like to take this opportunity to stress that there is no threat to the wider community.

“This appears to have been a contained incident, however there will be a significant police presence in the area while our investigation continues.

“I would like to thank local residents for your patience meantime.”

Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.