Pancakes, bananas and blueberries topped off with runny honey and Greek yoghurt, there is nothing you won’t like about this tasty brunch box treat.
Diver Tom Daley is better known for his efforts in the Olympics and World Championships, winning three gold medals and two bronze.
But being a top sportsman it’s key that he looks after his body and provides it with the very best fuel.
Recipe by Tom Daley for British Lion Eggs.
Banana and blueberry pancakes
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 240g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 220ml milk Zest of a lemon
- ½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 bananas, split lengthways
- 240g blueberries
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tsp runny honey plus extra to serve
- Greek yoghurt, to serve.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and toast the seeds until they start to pop.
- Add the honey and continue cooking for a minute until the honey has reduced and the seeds are browned.
- Pour onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave to cool. The seeds will crisp. Clean the frying pan. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Crack in the eggs and start whisking. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until the batter is thick.
- Add the lemon zest and olive oil and whisk again. Melt a little olive oil in the frying pan over a medium heat and spoon the batter into 10cm pancakes. Cook on one side until bubbles appear, then flip over and cook. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Then, over a medium heat, melt the butter in the same frying pan (no need to clean it out) and add the bananas, cut side down. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook gently until the bananas are coloured on one side and beginning to soften then flip and finish the other side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Add the blueberries to the pan and cook gently.
- Add the lemon juice and runny honey and continue to cook until the blueberries begin to burst. This will take one to two minutes.
- Serve the pancakes warm, with the cooked bananas, the blueberries and cooking juice and some of the crunchy toasted seeds.
- Top with a little Greek yoghurt and an extra drizzle of runny honey if you like.