Hotel chain Travelodge have revealed some of the most weird and wonderful requests put to them in Scotland over the past 12 months.
“Are Aberdeen the biggest football team in Edinburgh” and “Can I blow up my bouncy castle in your reception” are just two of the beauties to be asked of staff at the budget hotel.
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge spokeswoman said: “Our annual bizarre requests audit across our 513 UK hotels always shows that some of the more unusual ones come from our 40 hotels in Scotland.
“Our hotel teams will always try their best to accommodate all customer requests but there are some that we just can’t help with – such as providing a room with no birds flying outside.”
The 13 weirdest Travelodge requests of 2014
1) “I don’t like birds. Can I have a room without any flying outside the window?”
2) “Which is the biggest club in Edinburgh – Aberdeen or Hearts?”
3) “Do you mind if I blow up a bouncy castle in the reception area?”
4) “I’ve lost a business presentation. Can someone ring my boss and tell them one of your cleaning staff threw it away?” (Glasgow Central)
5) “Can I borrow your suit for my job interview? I accidentally left mine at home.” (Edinburgh Central)
6) “Could you gather 20 guests together so I can rehearse a business pitch?” (Edinburgh Central)
7) “Can a member of staff join me on a late night conference call to take notes?” (Edinburgh Airport)
8) “I really like the shape of the room, can I have the plans as I’d like a room at home in this shape?” (Inverness)
9) “I’m trying to get out of walking the National Three Peaks. Could you take my boots and hide them?” (Fort William)
10) “Can I get an extra king-sized bed for my cat?” (Perth)
11) “What time does the 1pm gun salute go off at Edinburgh Castle?” (Edinburgh Central)
12) “Can I store my lobster in your freezer?” (Edinburgh Musselburgh)
13) “Can anyone in the hotel cut my hair?” (Edinburgh Central)