Union chiefs have raised concerns that two janitors and another worker may have been exposed to potentially deadly asbestos at an Aberdeen secondary school.
Unite has called for clarity over the staff who were working at Bridge of Don Academy.
The asbestos, which was in a corridor, was disturbed on July 12 during work to improve security. Part of the school was sealed off as a result.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is already underway and the city council has said the material has now been removed.
But Tommy Campbell, the union’s north-east regional officer, said: “Very sadly we found out last week two janitors have also been potentially exposed.
“Our advice as a union is clear. Until the council confirms it’s been removed, staff and children should stay away from the area.”
A council spokeswoman confirmed that the substance has now been removed.
She said: “After receiving the necessary authorisation from the HSE to proceed, the asbestos material was removed during the weekend of 4 and 5 August 2018. The works were undertaken following all asbestos regulations and the necessary certificates granted. Trade unions have been informed of the removal of the material.
“As the area has been made safe, the school will resume normal operations and re-open after the summer holidays.
“As the investigation is continuing, it would be inappropriate to comment further.”
An HSE spokesman said: “HSE is aware of the incident and is investigating.”