The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation after workers were exposed to asbestos at an Aberdeen council depot.
Health and Safety Executive
Offshore workers were exposed to the risk of fire and explosion after a blunder led to a gas leak on a southern North Sea installation. The uncontrolled release took place on the Barque PB, a normally unmanned platform, on July 19. To read the full story and for updates, visit our sister site Energy Voice.
An oil company has been served with an improvement notice after an offshore worker suffered a serious injury on a North Sea platform.
A man has died following an explosion at a pastoral centre in North Lanarkshire.
Potato farmers are being urged to take steps to manage risks to themselves and workers during harvest.
Calls have been made for the UK's airline industry regulator to do more to tackle contaminated environments on board flights.
A north-east firm has been criticised for the way it handled work being carried out on an underground tunnel used to transport fish between the harbour and its factory.
Workmen who were branded "reckless" for hanging out of a truck to spray weeds had been hired without the local authority's knowledge.
Health chiefs yesterday declared the maternity shake-up in Caithness a success - while opponents took their complaints about it to the Health and Safety Executive.
Farmers and crofters have been reminded of their duty to maintain machinery and vehicles.
A young father was crushed to death while working at a Highland quarry, leaving a widow and five-year-old daughter - after moving from Poland for a better life.
The health and safety executive is investigating an Orkney scallop boat involved in the dramatic rescue of a diver.
Farmers have been reminded of the dangers associated with grain storage following the death of a worker on a farm south of the border.
Man crushed in AWPR accident… ‘Only due to luck’ that no one has died on project, says whistle-blower
A bypass worker was seriously hurt yesterday after being crushed by a half-tonne pipe.
Bungling workers used the wrong materials when they installed gas pipes at a new £34million school in Inverness.
The main milk buyer in the north and north-east - Muller - has been fined £400,000 following an accident at one of its sites down south.
A man has died after being run down by a dumper truck at an electricity substation.
Total has been hit with an improvement notice for the Dunbar installation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
A watchdog body has served NHS Grampian with warnings over falls, skin disease and potentially infectious injuries from "sharps".
Agri-chemical company Syngenta has been fined £200,000 over safety breaches at its Huddersfield plant.
New documents show a gas leak on the Brae Alpha platform was categorised as “major” by the Health and Safety executive (HSE).
A struggling Moray engineering firm has been fined £10,000 after a worker plummeted 20ft and suffered massive injuries.
A construction project has been waylaid after a Moray villager complained debris was being scattered into his garden.
A teenager who was seriously injured on the last day of his summer job has died.
A father has relived the moment he fought to save his son's life after he was found close to death on the floor of his workplace.
A Moray care home has been slammed by health and safety chiefs after it failed to protect residents from being scalded by boiling water.
A north-east shipbuilding firm has been fined £8,000 after a worker was injured when his hand was pulled into machinery.
A north-east building firm has been fined thousands of pounds after admitting serious health and safety breaches which left a worker seriously injured.
A renowned north-east butcher has been fined £60,000 for serious safety failings after a man's death.
An Aberdeen firm has been fined for safety failings after a worker was injured when a forklift truck ran over his leg and foot.
Workmen will continue to demolish Aberdeen City Council's former headquarters today.
A North Sea platform at the centre of an investigation after two separate fires earlier this was shut down by safety chiefs, it has emerged.