Bosses of a fire-hit restaurant are still assessing the damage – but hope to reopen soon.
Dozens of firefighters tackled flames at the Amarone Restaurant on Union Street on Saturday.
It is understood a tumble dryer in the basement caused the blaze, which forced emergency services to close off the busy street for much of the day.
Yesterday, bosses at Amarone revealed the damage was not as bad as feared and that they hope to reopen soon.
A spokesman said: “We are sorry to announce that due to the fire on Saturday morning, Amarone Aberdeen is temporarily closed.
“We will have a clearer idea of when we will reopen within the next day or two.
“However, after the initial inspections, the damage would appear less than we initially thought.”
Initially two fire engines were sent to the fire around 10.30am, but soon nine appliances were in attendance to tackle the blaze, as shocked members of the public watched on.
The last fire crewe left the scene at 8.30pm, but returned several times overnight and on Sunday to ensure the building was secure.
A spokeswoman for DiMaggio Restaurant Group, which owns Amarone, said: “Thankfully no one was injured in the fire, which broke out before opening time.
“We’d like to thank the emergency services for their response.
“In the meantime, we will endeavour to accommodate people who have made reservations at our sister restaurant, Café Anduluz.”