Residents in Alford have described their shock after a “loud bang” from a gas canister explosion rocked the Aberdeenshire community.
Six fire appliances were sent to battle a blaze engulfing several garden sheds on a residential street in the village.
The service received the call shortly before 4pm and dispatched crews to Littlewood Place.
Initial images showed clouds of dark smoke high into the air and bright flames engulfing the sheds and garden fence.
Residents in the area reported hearing a “loud bang” and seeing smoke billowing above the houses.
One man who lives a few doors down from where the first started said he was in his garden when the smoke caught his eye.
He said: “I called the fire brigade. I was working in the garden and saw the smoke then the flames.
“It started in the sheds and then spread at the back of the house. It spread fast. Luckily there are no casualties and it didn’t spread to any houses.”
He added the fire was a “shock”.
Alford home inspected after fire
Residents said a gas canister exploded amid the fire, which caused the “loud bang” several residents reported hearing.
It is understood the back of the house was hit when the gas canister exploded so firefighters had to make sure the damage did not spread to the house.
Nobody had to be evacuated from their homes.
Crews were using three main jets and two hose reel jets to contain the blaze and bring it under control.
Police were asked to assist with traffic management in the area.
A spokesman said: “Around 4.35pm, police were made aware of a fire on Littlewood Place, Alford. Officers attended to assist with traffic management.”
The fire service received the stop message at 5.47pm, however, four appliances remained at the scene dampening down and checking for hot spots.
The last fire appliance left around 7.30pm.