An Aberdeen Italian restaurant forced to close last year after a fire will re-open today.
Amarone on Union Street shut in November 2018 following a “well-developed” fire in its basement, thought to have been caused by a tumble dryer or other appliance.
Following that revamp the restaurant is expected to welcome its first customers through the door after an exclusive event last night.
As well as new decor throughout, Amarone now features a luxury cocktail bar as well as intimate booths and an open pizza kitchen.
The restaurant is owned by the Di Maggio’s Restaurant Group (DRG).