North-east singing sensation Emeli Sande is among more than 1,000 people to be acclaimed in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
Other well-known faces to be honoured include comedian great Billy Connolly, who has been given a knighthood, and Judy Murray who has been awarded an OBE for services to tennis, women in sport and charity.
Here is a brief look at the people from the Highlands and islands to be included on the Queen’s list.
- The Reverend Roderick MacLeod. For services to the Gaelic Language and voluntary service in Argyll (Inveraray, Argyll and Bute)
- Fiona Margaret Larg. Chief Operating Officer and secretary University of the Highlands and Islands. For services to Education in Scotland. (Nairn)
- Isabella Macgregor MacRae. Community Councillor, Dores and Essich. For services to the community in Inverness and the Highlands. (Dores)
- Dr Alan Campbell Stanfield. For services to Curling. (Nairn)
- Bryan Logan Bain. Volunteer Nairn Citizens’ Advice Bureau. For services to the community in Nairn. (Auldearn)
- Anne Isabel Masino. For voluntary service to Young People through the UK Scout Association. (Argyll and Bute)
- Margaret Annie Geddes Dunnett. Lord-Lieutenant of Caithness